PDA

View Full Version : Why were the Oneida Smart Collector threads deleted?

Chris Friesen
09-15-2010, 7:02 PM
I was just searching for more information on it and was pointed back to this forum but it appears that the two threads related to it were both deleted.

What gives? Did someone say something that wasn't allowed? If so, why not just delete those posts rather than vanishing the whole thread?

Van Huskey
09-15-2010, 7:12 PM
I was just searching for more information on it and was pointed back to this forum but it appears that the two threads related to it were both deleted.

What gives? Did someone say something that wasn't allowed? If so, why not just delete those posts rather than vanishing the whole thread?

The discussion got heated, it was probably too much work to edit the thread.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-15-2010, 7:25 PM
Chris,

They just became flaming wars with little substance and folks making unproven wild accusations.

The amount valuable content didn't warrant the work to clean them up.

Jim Becker
09-19-2010, 9:10 PM
I will also mention that threads dealing with dust collection get moved to Workshops when they inadvertently get started here in General Woodworking. This is part of how we manage "traffic" in the forums. Of course, that doesn't apply to threads that get out of hand and get taken completely out of public view as Ken mentioned... ;)

Jim
SMC Moderator