PDA

View Full Version : I goofed up today and met John Hart

Josh Bowman
09-15-2010, 1:48 PM
I don't guess I said that correctly:rolleyes:
I became a member of the new turners site and goofed up my login. John called me today and helped me through the difference between a dot org or a dot com:p
apparently I tried to ORG when I should have COMed. But we had a very nice talk, it's always nice to talk to a fellow woodworker/turner. He gave me several ideas to try in the shop concering hollow forms and then for some reason the discussion turned to lacquer:eek:

John Keeton
09-15-2010, 2:04 PM
Good to know Hart is still alive!!!:D Haven't heard much from him in a few days!

Jim Underwood
09-15-2010, 2:57 PM
From the way folks here tell it, you aren't the one who's goofed up...

Where is John's lacquer anyway?;)

Allen Neighbors
09-15-2010, 5:52 PM
Where is John's lacquer anyway?;)

I've heard it's in a little hip flask... or was that a large hip flask...??

Ken Fitzgerald
09-15-2010, 5:55 PM
A guy could make a lot worse mistake than meeting John Hart! Congrats!

Kenneth Hertzog
09-15-2010, 8:45 PM
I've met John in person
I purchased some items from him a long time ago
and he delivered them to my house
John is a really great guy and I hope to be in
his neighborhood some day for a visit
I'd love to see his shop
Ken

Bernie Weishapl
09-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Sounds like you caught him before he hit the LACQUER!!!!!!!!:eek::rolleyes:;)

John is one of the great all around good guys.

David E Keller
09-16-2010, 9:18 AM
I'll admit my envy up front. Hart seems to be the kind of guy that you'd like to have next door. One of my good friends locally(named Ross) reminds me very much of John with the wit and self depricating humor. My wife now knows Mr. Hart as 'Ohio Ross'. I look forward to meeting him one of these days and sharing a rattle can of lacquer.:o

Ken Fitzgerald
09-16-2010, 9:28 AM
It's rumored John gets a little "huffy" at times......:rolleyes:

With lacquer that is.....of course.....

Glenn Clabo
09-16-2010, 9:58 AM
You think he's nice over the phone...you should meet him face to face. I did a few years ago...haven't recovered yet.

John Hart
09-20-2010, 8:02 PM
Geez guys.....a saint I ain't. :o

Josh just sent me an email thinkin' that perhaps I was offended by this thread....and I gotta say, I've just been so busy the past couple weeks that I've missed ALOT of threads!!.

Yes...that was a nice trip I took to PA when I met Ken Hertzog. Actually Ken lives in the middle of my growin' up stompin' grounds and it sorta felt like going home. But I'll tell ya what Ken...you aren't stepping one foot in my shop until I get it cleaned up. I can't believe what a slob I am when I get too busy!!! Sheesh...I can't even move around in there.

And Glenn Clabo...that was a real treat I must say. He came to Cleveland, riding on the tail of his wife's business trip, right at the time I had just bought our amish house here in Middlefield. The folks I bought it from were still living here but Glenn and I came out and surveyed the property...So Glenn got the true "before" picture.

Ken Fitzgerald....well....Ken and I see eye to eye on the majesty of a mountain. There's something in that sensation that truly bonds.....even better than epoxy.;) So he can make fun of me all he wants...I keep his autographed picture near me at all times...as a reminder of another day.

And Josh....It was a supreme pleasure to meet you on the phone that day. I can't believe we gabbed for nearly an hour. The time flew...I forgot about all the work I had to do, and just settled in for one of the nicest and interesting conversations I've had in a long time. And I don't like talking on the phone.

But anyway...thanks guys for the kind words. I won't hold you to them. ;):)