PDA

View Full Version : Lexan/acrylic bowl display stands

Michael Ginsberg
09-15-2010, 1:43 PM
Does anybody out there have any good sources for Lexan or plastic display stands? I am planning on giving a bowl that should be displayed upright. I would like to give it with the appropriate stand.
Thank you.

Steve Schlumpf
09-15-2010, 8:45 PM
Michael - I have tried to locate plate stands on the Michaels.com site but for some reason I can't find them. Our local store has clear acrylic and folding wood plate stands and I seem to remember that they come in a variety of sizes. Highly recommend that you take your bowl with you when you go to pick on up as the style of stand will determine the size of bowl it will support.

Jess Wetherhold
09-15-2010, 9:37 PM
Ditto what Steve said. I also PM'd you.

Bill Bulloch
09-15-2010, 9:45 PM
Michaels also has an adjustable one that should accommodate a 3 or 4 inch deep bowl.

Bernie Weishapl
09-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Wally World has some nice wooden ones that I use.

Jon Lanier
09-16-2010, 12:01 AM
Okay people.... you are woodworker's!!!! Make them.

Oh, you said, "Lexan." I'm sorry disregard the above comment by me.

Michael Ginsberg
09-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks for input. I am interested in the Lexan because I feel a wood stand would detract and draw the viewers eye away from the woodturning. I believe the Lexan would not do that. For those who are interested, I found a company that makes all kinds of stands, Lexan and other materials. The name is TRIPAR. Some of the stands are on Amazon for very reasonable prices and the shipping is cheap when multiple pieces are ordered.