PDA

View Full Version : Wow. It is hard to describe how well the OneWay balancer works...

Joshua Dinerstein
09-15-2010, 1:05 AM
I decided not to wait for the replacement wheel from Hartville and so I mounted things with an older wheel on one side and one of the new 60 grit wheels on the other. I can't believe how smooth the bevel on the tools are now. It ground things vastly superior to what I was getting before. So I went back thru all of my tools and re-sharpened them just to see how good I could do. I wish I could successfully got good photos of the bevel I was able to put on my tools. The standard grind bowl gouge is just amazing. Wow.

I would hands down recommend these to anyone.

I still want to get a better dresser for the wheels as I think it would still help. So a Geiger dresser is coming in my near future. But I just can't believe how big an improvement it is even as it is.

I still managed to butcher my long-grind bowl gouge. I found that the flute is not ground even in my older gouge. So the top press point on the varigrind is still not pressing even. I think that it is just time to regrind it into a standard grind. Because that will work flat on the platform. Then I can take one of the others and regrind it to replace it lock stock and barrel.

Anyway, other than this one last issue sharpening has become a real pleasure. The Darlow jigs from his sharpening video, a balancer and some new wheels and I pretty darn happy with what is going on.

Joshua

John Shuk
09-15-2010, 9:12 AM
It reallly is amazing.

Michael James
09-15-2010, 9:38 AM
yep, same sequence for me... balancer then the geiger wheel truing system....Odds are high that you will be further surprized!:eek: In a good way, of course......
mj