PDA

View Full Version : Dust Collection - Air Space

Justin Chen
09-14-2010, 7:27 PM
I'm relocating my DC and had a couple of questions. I'm using my dust collector with a Thien seperator.

Is it okay to have my Wynn filter touching the wall or does it need space to breathe? Also does the bag need space to inflate or can be partially sitting on the floor?

Thanks for the help.

Gordon Eyre
09-14-2010, 9:18 PM
I'm relocating my DC and had a couple of questions. I'm using my dust collector with a Thien seperator.

Is it okay to have my Wynn filter touching the wall or does it need space to breathe? Also does the bag need space to inflate or can be partially sitting on the floor?

Thanks for the help.

There is a lot of surface to the round bag so the fact that it is touching the wall does not seem like a problem to me. Same with it sitting on the floor.

David Hostetler
09-15-2010, 11:16 AM
FWIW, I have a Wynn filter on my HF 2HP DC, The base of the DC is touching the wall, which puts the inlet ring at about 1" from the wall, and the filter edge is about another .5" in from that, which puts the surface of my filter at 1.5" from the wall. (The top is another story, I have a mere .5" of clearance there!)...

With this setup, I have had no DC breathing problems...