PDA

View Full Version : Slow Housing Market

Bill Bulloch
09-14-2010, 4:39 PM
In spite of what you may have heard about the slow housing market, I have managed to sell over 60 of these little ornamental bird houses in our Art Center Gift Shop over the past 10 months. Here are 10 more that will go on the market this weekend.

Joe Shinall
09-14-2010, 4:47 PM
Bill, I love these things. It's on my list of things to try this year.

Harvey Ghesser
09-14-2010, 4:50 PM
Nice work, Bill!

Very creative and I know they look great out in the garden!

Karl Card
09-14-2010, 4:56 PM
darn birds got a better house than I do..... and all they do is crap everywhere...lol

Those are pretty Bill, good job.

Bill Bulloch
09-14-2010, 4:58 PM
Nice work, Bill!

Very creative and I know they look great out in the garden!

I think that they are to small for the garden. More likely they will go on the Christmas Tree (they are hollow) or a What-Not shelf. One lady told me she hung hers in the Bay Window.

David E Keller
09-14-2010, 6:35 PM
Very nice. Some of the nicest looking bird houses I've seen.

David Christopher
09-14-2010, 6:35 PM
Bill, those are beautiful....I'm sure someone will have happy new home owners

Michael James
09-14-2010, 8:32 PM
I'll bet the girls snatch those up! Nice job!
mj

Bernie Weishapl
09-14-2010, 9:18 PM
Good looking houses Bill. I need to get mine turned and ready to go. They have been selling like hot cakes.

Bill Bulloch
09-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Very nice. Looks like a lot of work for the prices you are charging. Some of the nicest looking bird houses I've seen.

Not so much work. These little things turn fast and easy. I took a couple hours last week and turn all the bottoms and a couple this week to turn the tops. It's a good way to get rid of your scraps and cut offs. All of the segmented parts were glued up for other projects, that didn't work out,so I found a way to work them in to these bird houses. The other wood is all scraps that would have ended up in the fire place anyway.

Allen Neighbors
09-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Those are pretty neat little houses, Bill. I'll bet they'll sell just as fast as the others. Good job... on all of 'em!

John Keeton
09-15-2010, 6:40 AM
Bill, you are a one man factory!! Nice looking birdhouses, and I am glad the 'housing market' is booming for you.

Steve Schlumpf
09-15-2010, 8:03 AM
Wow - those are some pretty ornate bird houses! Nice variety!

Best of luck with your sales!

Paul Douglass
09-15-2010, 10:25 AM
I'd forgotten about the little bird houses. I've made one and yep they are fun and popular. Fact I promised my daughter one two years ago! Got to make more and hope they turn out as nice as yours.

Jim Underwood
09-15-2010, 1:04 PM
Hey....

Uh...

You need cabinets for those things? I kin built ya some! ;)

It'll cost ya though. Custom is always more expensive.:D

Mike Peace
09-15-2010, 11:49 PM
Bill, I especially like the contrasting wood entrance hole. Very nice indeed.

Jon Lanier
09-15-2010, 11:57 PM
Those look great. Now you need to start making miniature furniture so they can be leased out as, "Furnished."

Leo Van Der Loo
09-16-2010, 12:08 AM
In spite of what you may have heard about the slow housing market, I have managed to sell over 60 of these little ornamental bird houses in our Art Center Gift Shop over the past 10 months. Here are 10 more that will go on the market this weekend.

Those are very nice ones Bill, I would expect them to be very popular, I have turned quite a few and they do disappear quite quickly, last count is there's just 3 of them left over, and I have all this new wood to rough turn, but I do like making these little things, as I can get all kinds of shapes and woods to turn and put together, thanks for showing your new ones, the openings seem to be familiar from some children programs I think, they do look great on them :D