09-14-2010, 2:15 PM
i need help please finding an issue of Fine Wood Working magazine

i came across the following video named
'strong miter joints with a biscuit-joiner jig' with Paul Ruhlmann

its a jig that mounts onto a biscuit joiner that helps put in corner splines
in boxes

and im curious if there is an article in one of the FWW magazines about
making this jig? i dont have a membership to the website so i cant get
any info about it there so if anyone can help i would great appreciate it!

Chip Lindley
09-14-2010, 2:55 PM
I checked my FWW DVD and find only a 1999 article by Paul Ruhlmann; The Rudiments Of Rustic Furniture. (no biscuits there!) Of course the DVD archives are only through 2008.

Jerome Hanby
09-14-2010, 3:21 PM
I think this is the link

Strong Miter Joints with a Biscuit-Joiner Jig (http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/Materials/MaterialsArticle.aspx?id=29994)

Strong Miter Joints with a Biscuit-Joiner Jig. An easy-to-make jig speeds box and carcase construction with Paul Ruhlmann ...

My cc info has changed and it looks like I need to renew my FWW account so I can't be positive...

Ok, fixed the account, and it does describe a jig for the biscuit joiner. Has a video too...

Jerome Hanby
09-14-2010, 3:30 PM
Wow, I just glanced at the video, that's pretty cool. No more than I use my biscuit joiner, this would be a great way to get more use out of it!

Kevin Gregoire
09-14-2010, 4:26 PM
jerome, im sure thats the link but im not a member to FWW but i have a bunch of the
magazines so i was hoping there might be an article with plans to the jig in one of the
issues?

Roger Jensen
09-14-2010, 4:38 PM
I don't think it was in the magazine. Articles from the magazine are ususally available as a PDF to download, which this one does not have.

Roger

Kevin Gregoire
09-16-2010, 4:18 PM
i have a PC 557 if anyone ever makes one for theirs i would appreciate some plans
and if i get time to sit down and make one i will post plans for others.

its just that being a noob i dont always have the correct thought process for thinking
how to build something the right way sometimes.