PDA

View Full Version : Brand new Bosch 14.4v cordless saw does not work

Sal Kurban
09-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Greetings fellow woodworkers:

I bought a new set of Bosch 14.4v saw/drill combo from a fellow woodworker thru Craigslist. They were sealed/unopened. Apparently he got them when they were on clearance years ago and they are discontinued now.

Anyhow, after opening box and charging the batteries which work fine, the drill works but the circular saw does not work at all. There is no spin, no noise no action at all.

Question is is there a simple trouble shooting step such as a fuse or something for this saw? Any suggestions?

Thanks for any input,

Sal.

Mike Heidrick
09-13-2010, 10:25 PM
I would not want to mess with it much for risk of malfunction while it "kinda maybe" worked - I would call Bosch and let them know you just bought it and it was just now opened. I figure tools stay on the shelves for years sometimes. They are a good company and should fix you right up.

Sal Kurban
09-14-2010, 5:40 AM
I would not want to mess with it much for risk of malfunction while it "kinda maybe" worked - I would call Bosch and let them know you just bought it and it was just now opened. I figure tools stay on the shelves for years sometimes. They are a good company and should fix you right up.

Thanks for the input. We used to have a local service center but it must have closed because the number I called was disconnected. I called an authorized local service place and they asked for a receipt. If I call their 800 number and they ask me to ship the item, shipping costs may make the deal not worthy of pursuing.