PDA

View Full Version : Bosch 15 ga Nailer question

Peter Pedisich
09-13-2010, 5:00 PM
Hi, I recently purchased a Bosch 15 ga angled finish nailer (FNA-250-15) and when I first tried it out, maybe 4-5 nails, I heard a hissing coming from the exhaust at the top of the tool. Not loud, but I had no trouble hearing it at arms length.
I returned it to the local pro tool store where I bought it, and they told me to go to the service counter, where the guy looked at it and came back and said, 'It's fine'. I said I have 4 other finish nailers and none of them leak air. He told me it's normal, and it just has to 'break in' or the valve has to seat. Now this is a guy who has worked at this service counter for years, and has worked on more nailers in one morning than I have in my entire life, so I take his word and leave with my nailer, and like he says " you have a 1 year warranty".
I was telling a couple of guys I know who use nailers and they say "no way you should hear that". So I called Bosch and the tech service guy says it's not normal and I should swap it or get a refund since Bosh Tools have a 30 day return policy.
I went to the store set on getting the 15 ga Hitachi nailer but spent $70 more for the Bosch since it was smaller and better balanced, but now I regret not getting the Hitachi. I have some other Bosch tools that I've been very happy with.
My question is: Anybody ever hear this hissing on one of their nailers?

Thanks,

Pete

Bill Leonard
09-14-2010, 9:42 AM
Only when it is leaking air.

paul cottingham
09-14-2010, 11:27 AM
My stapler does it. I no longer use it.

Ben Franz
09-14-2010, 11:30 AM
I've had good luck with the Bostich 15 ga nailers if you are thinking about alternatives to your Bosch. No way I'd let an air leak in a new tool slide - return it for exchange or refund. My $0.02.

Von Bickley
09-14-2010, 12:09 PM
No way I'd let an air leak in a new tool slide - return it for exchange or refund. My $0.02.

I agree.......

Greg R Bradley
09-14-2010, 12:48 PM
In my experience of using Hitachi, PC, and Bosch nailers - have the Bosch replaced, but with another Bosch unit. I helped a friend do a large addition including kitchen, library, etc. using a variety of nailers from Framing to Pinner. Based upon that experience I bought Bosch 18ga & 15ga Nailers for myself.
I've had two PC nailers do the same trick you mentioned. Both fixed themselves within a hundred nails. Bosch has a 30 day satisfaction warranty. You could see if it fixes itself or just ask for another.

Peter Pedisich
09-15-2010, 10:29 AM
I returned it to the store this morning, and the manager or possibly co-owner there was very professional about it. He said absolutely it should not have that issue on a new tool, went right in the back and tested out another and swapped it.

Dave Lehnert
09-15-2010, 11:33 AM
If it would fix itself why did the service center not fire the gun 100 times to fix it for you?????