PDA

View Full Version : bought my unisaw today

dale rex
12-15-2004, 8:26 PM
went and ordered my unisaw today at my new Woodcraft store.They had a 10% off sale on all Delta tools, so I couldnt pass it up.Wanted to wait until my garage was built but, wanted to take advantage of all the rebates Delta has going(especially the free mobile base offer). I think I will try to squeeze it in my basement until the garage shop is finished, could be six months until it is done. I need to know what the width is on the Biesemeyer 50" model, and what the required amps is for the 220 circuit. Can hardly wait!I feel like a little kid waiting to use his first bicycle!:D I am hoping that I can simply use my DC circuit until I move everything into the new garage(it is 20 Amps, 220V)

John Weber
12-15-2004, 8:29 PM
Dale,

Congrats, I havent' heard about Delta, but many companies are raising prices after the first of the year, so you likely bought at the best time. The Unisaw is an excellent machine that will serve you well for decades.

John

Byron Trantham
12-15-2004, 8:47 PM
Dale,
I just went out to the shop and measured it - 6' on the nose. Mine is running on a 20 amp breaker. You're going to love it. I had a Craftsman contractor and boy what a difference. :D

Dave Moran
12-16-2004, 7:20 AM
Dale, I still remember the day mine came, but you may want to ask about delayed shipment, I ordered mine in early Jan, at the Baltimore Wood Show, and would not be ready for it until April, I told them that and they called the end of March to see when they could deliver, worked great for me. 1 bit of advice, spend the time you need to get the tableboard set right, it is so sweet to have the fence slide with only a change in the friction level as it makes the transition. Mine is on a 20A breaker, label current is 17, I think, and in the about 6 years I have never tripped it. zero clearance throat plates are easy to make out of scrap, and I have a trick for levelers I will have to take a pic of to show you. I could go on but you will be one happy soul once you have it in place.

Dave

Tyler Howell
12-16-2004, 9:28 AM
Congrats Dale,

Nothing like new steal to dress up a shop!

Bill Grumbine
12-16-2004, 10:14 AM
Congrats on the saw Dale! I remember when I bought my very used (older than I am) unisaw. I did not have a place for it to go either, and no real hope of one in the near future, but I bought it anyway, against that day when I would. It sat in storage for almost five years, but then I was able to put it to good use for six more before it found a new home with a fellow Creeker.

When were you in the store? I was there for a while yesterday just before noon. It is a great looking store, ain't it?

Bill

dale rex
12-16-2004, 5:37 PM
Bill, I was in the store on Mon. nite and again on Wed. nite. Great store,looking forward to buying alot of stuff there:D . Noticed that alot of the guys from the old Woodworkers Warehouse work there! Sorry I havent had a chance to call you yet about looking at your shop heater, been very busy every weekend. I still have your phone number and want to call you very soon!

Bill Grumbine
12-16-2004, 7:58 PM
Monday night Dale!?! I was there from 7:00 PM to after 9:00! We might have been walking right by one another. No worries on the heater. It will be running until sometime in March or April, and people are always coming by. Whenever you get time...

Bill