PDA

View Full Version : Terrco T-110 Dupli-carver

Gary Daniel
09-13-2010, 8:08 AM
I bought a T-110 Dupli-Carver with the spindle carving option at an auction last month. (I wasn't really looking for one but it came with some other hand carving tools I wanted.) It was in the original shipping boxes from Woodcraft and had never been assembled. I opened the boxes yesterday and it appears that all the parts are there. My question is does anyone have experience using one of these? Are they easy to use? Is there anything I should be aware of before assembling it?

Thanks

Brian Millspaw
09-13-2010, 8:49 AM
When I was working as the model maker in a carving factory, we had big duplicators that made 24 pieces at one time. I bought one of these t110 to do stuff at home with. It was pretty good at doing flat work, but I replaced the spindle carving attachment with a home built rig that allowed continuous linked rotation of the parts.
Regardless within a year I bought a six spindle northstar carver. The t110 is just too light duty to do really accurate work. It's fun to play around with if you just want to make a few pieces for home projects.
-Brian

Gary Daniel
09-13-2010, 8:51 AM
Thanks Brian.