PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever buy from Coastal Tool online?

scott vroom
09-12-2010, 1:04 PM
Coastal Tool is advertising a Crain 825 undercut saw for $219 + $10 shipping. That's a smokin deal ($265 next best price I could find)!

Does anyone have any experience with Coastal Tool?

Thanks

Mitchell Garnett
09-12-2010, 1:06 PM
I've used them in the past with good results - never any issues. I have not bought anything from them recently.

Austin Grote
09-12-2010, 3:10 PM
Although I have never bought online from Coastal, I have bought several tools at their retail store in West Hartford. A well stocked store, a candy store for tool junkies...knowledgeable employees too.

Phil Thien
09-12-2010, 3:19 PM
Purchased a Crane toe-kick saw from them about six years ago. Speedy delivery, great price.

Will Overton
09-12-2010, 3:50 PM
I've gotten quite a few things from Coastal. The only problem I ever had was a missing part on a PC dovetail jig ... in a sealed box. They opened a box in the store, over-nighted the part, and said they would deal with PC to get the part replaced to them.

Everything I bought from them arrived next day, in Delaware, properly packaged with no damage.

scott vroom
09-12-2010, 4:40 PM
Guys, thanks. Sounds like a reputable source, I'm going to order the Crain tool....still can't believe it's that inexpensive compared to other retailers. Sometimes when prices look too good to be true there's often a catch, know what I mean? My first thought was it must be reconditioned but I read the ad carefully and it looks like a brand new tool.

Jim Becker
09-12-2010, 6:17 PM
Yes...most of my pneumatic nailers came from Coastal Tool. Great experiences with them including an immediate replacement for a gun that wasn't right.

Dave MacArthur
09-12-2010, 7:25 PM
I've had good luck with them also, on pneumatic tools.

Peter Quinn
09-12-2010, 7:46 PM
I've never ordered on line because they are about 2 minutes from my MIL's house, they are a festool dealer and a generally well stocked tool store, so being a tool junky I go there occasionally to drool on their merchandise. Decent people with a lot of good prices. I've bought a number of things from them over the years, never a problem.

Joe Spear
09-12-2010, 9:04 PM
Coastal Tool is very reliable and has some of the best prices on many things. $10 shipping? They must have gone up since the last time I ordered: it was $6.50 then.

Gary Hodgin
09-12-2010, 9:42 PM
Yes, I've ordered a couple of things from them. No problems.

Brian Penning
09-12-2010, 9:47 PM
No, not after seeing a $79 shipping charge to Canada for a Bosch 12V drill.

Will Overton
09-12-2010, 10:24 PM
I've never ordered on line because they are about 2 minutes from my MIL's house

For most guys that would be the best reason to order online :D

Milind Patil
09-13-2010, 12:39 AM
I bought Forrest Duraline plywood blade from Coastal tool for $125 a few months ago, when the nearest competitor was around $150. Delivery was in time.

I have not yet found a cheaper saw blade retailer yet.

Mike Heidrick
09-13-2010, 12:45 AM
I bought my framing nailer and open mouth Bucketboss bags from them and a milwaukee grinder on a great deal. Transaction was smooth and perfect.

Mike Heidrick
09-13-2010, 12:46 AM
Milind, watch amazon for deals on those forrest blades!

Van Huskey
09-13-2010, 2:15 AM
Never had any issue with them, fast and accurate orders.

Dave Madd
09-13-2010, 9:34 AM
Very good service and prices

--Dave

David Weaver
09-13-2010, 9:50 AM
Not that anyone needs to pile on, but I've bought quite a few portable power tools from them. Quite often, they've had the best deal by a mile and I also used them to get a drill special order that I couldn't get anywhere else, also ended up being 2/3rds the price of anyone else willing to special order it.

They're one of the better kept secrets in the power tool world.

Greg Book
09-13-2010, 3:38 PM
Although I have never bought online from Coastal, I have bought several tools at their retail store in West Hartford. A well stocked store, a candy store for tool junkies...knowledgeable employees too.

I live 0.6 miles from the store, and I've only bought a Delta scroll saw and an 8 1/4" sawblade from them. However, the prices were terrific and the service is great. If you are looking for big name tools at the lowest possible price, then its a perfect store.

There's another excellent store about a block south of Coastal Tool on New park Ave called the Tool Consignment store. Lots of old, new, and used tools.

Ashwini Kaul
09-13-2010, 3:43 PM
Bought a Bosch 1617 refurb unit 1 year back from them.
No issues with the unit and the price was the most competitive anywhere online.