PDA

View Full Version : Great Customer Service

George Clark
09-12-2010, 11:12 AM
I recently purchased a Vacuum Hub form JT Turning tools. This rather clever device allows one to make different size vacuum chucks by utilizing PVC pipe couplings. The hub was shipped out the same day I ordered it. The machining was excellent, however, when I tried to screw it on my lathe spindle I couldn't get it to start. I placed a call and left a message on Friday afternoon detailing my problem. Friday evening the owner, Tom Steyer, returned my call, even though he was out of state attending a woodturning function. He identified the part as having the correct thread size, offered some techniques for installing the hub and requested that I email him the outcome. It turned out that the hub was just a bit tight and Tom's advice led to a successful installation and a properly functioning hub and I so advised him in an email. Again, a prompt response offering to replace the hub if I was in any way dissatisfied. I responded that I was totally satisfied.

What great customer support and a wonderful way to to business. I have no association with JT Turning tools other than being a satisfied customer.:):):)

http://www.jtturningtools.com/

George

Gary Conklin
09-12-2010, 12:15 PM
+1 Great to deal with, and super helpful!!

Ken Glass
09-12-2010, 12:24 PM
George,
Thanks for the heads up. Do you need to put a seal around the PVC end to seal to the turning? I would assume so, but saw none in the photos on the web site?

George Clark
09-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Ken,

The vacuum hub comes with an O ring installed at the bottom of the of the groove for the PVC coupling. They suggest 3mm closed cell foam to seal the turning to the chuck. See the users guide on their website for a full description.

George

Steve Schlumpf
09-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Tom is good people and has helped me out on a number of occasions! All his products are +1! Highly recommend checking out his website!

Fred Perreault
09-12-2010, 2:33 PM
I have had a JT hub for almost a year. I was tolerating an issue which turned out to be the absence of the o-ring at the bottom of the grove that recieves the PVC. Tom Steyer noticed my posting regarding this a couple of weeks ago, and phoned and emailed me to check on my problem. As it turned out, my hub/adapter did not ship originally with the required o-ring. He has since mailed me what I needed.
Top shelf......