PDA

View Full Version : Splitter Pic 2

Bob Lasley
04-06-2003, 5:53 PM
Here is a pic of below the insert.

Bill Esposito
04-06-2003, 7:17 PM
Bob,

If it's feasible, you might want to consider putting a slot in that splitter and replacing the bolt with a knob and lock washer. Might make it just that much easier to remove and replace so that you actually reinstall it after your dado cut :)

Bob Lasley
04-06-2003, 9:15 PM
Originally posted by Bill Esposito
Bob,

If it's feasible, you might want to consider putting a slot in that splitter and replacing the bolt with a knob and lock washer. Might make it just that much easier to remove and replace so that you actually reinstall it after your dado cut :)

Bill,

That's a thought. Believe it or not, I have always reinstalled it after removing the dado cutter. I keep the wrench that fits that bolt with the one that fits the arbor nut. It takes me about 15 seconds to reinstall the splitter.

Bob

Ron Taylor
04-07-2003, 10:31 AM
Bob, how do you get such good details down inside the saw? Do you use flash? Direct or bounce? Natural light? Or photo flood?

I'm still getting used to my digi (Nikon CP5000). It takes wonderful pics, but I either get washout or dark shadows when I attempt a pic like yours.

Thanks,
Ron

Bob Lasley
04-07-2003, 3:43 PM
Originally posted by Ron Taylor
Bob, how do you get such good details down inside the saw? Do you use flash? Direct or bounce? Natural light? Or photo flood?

I'm still getting used to my digi (Nikon CP5000). It takes wonderful pics, but I either get washout or dark shadows when I attempt a pic like yours.

Thanks,
Ron

Ron,

It was actually a very technical shoot. I pointed the camera at the intended subject and pushed the button on top of the camera, the flash went off and there it was. :D

Sometimes I get lucky. I'm using an Olympus D-550 and had it set for auto everything.

Bob