PDA

View Full Version : Lacewood closed reed predator call..

Rick Robbins
09-11-2010, 7:47 PM
Here is a call i did recently. it is Lacewood. turned out nice. have some nice sharp tool's now easy carbide. and a new Finish i bought at woodcraft up in Seattle. it is for calling coyotes and bobcats and other Predator's does a Rabbit sound. thank's for Looking. Rick

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/bearmanric/calls002-171.jpg

David E Keller
09-11-2010, 8:40 PM
Nicely done... The lacewood is very cool.

Rick Robbins
09-12-2010, 9:40 AM
thank you. going to turn some Lacy Sycamore this week. has the scale look also. Rick

Allen Neighbors
09-12-2010, 9:50 AM
Beautiful call, Rick. I can remember my Father-in-law, who was a trapper in this part of Texas, using a predator call that was shaped like this one. Not nearly as pretty as this one, but he was constantly trying to re-shape or change the reed, to make it sound more like a rabbit in distress. Coyotes and Bobcats were always giving the ranchers around here a lot of trouble, during calving time...
Exceptional job on this call!! And the photo, on the pelt, is a cool touch!!

Rick Robbins
09-12-2010, 10:13 AM
by putting a single sided Razor blade under the Reed and lifting slightly it will get more Raspier. great Rabbit sound. alot of great Predator caller's in Texas. Rick

Curt Fuller
09-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Good looking call! And from the background, effective too.

I have a friend that is an avid wildlife caller. He used to hunt and now does incredible photography. I was with him a few years ago in Nevada calling coyotes. A couple of hours of nothing so we decided to eat lunch and stuck a Tammy Wynette cd in playing over the speakers. Had a coyote come up and almost grab our sandwiches.:D

Rick Robbins
09-12-2010, 10:55 AM
that's pretty Funny. alot of coyotes in nevada. Rick

Paul Douglass
09-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Great looking call. Definitely on my to do list. IS there one that calls squirrels? I have a squirrel problem. Those rats with the bushy tails. They are tearing up my lawn.

Steve Schlumpf
09-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Great looking call! Really like the photo as well!

Rick Robbins
09-12-2010, 1:17 PM
i dont make a squirrel call but a guy in new york doe's that look's like a acorn with a bellow. thank's for comment's. cutting up blank's still getting ready for the season. cutting crotch woods from michigan now. have had a for a few yew's nice stuff. Rick

Allen Neighbors
09-12-2010, 2:23 PM
Great looking call. Definitely on my to do list. IS there one that calls squirrels? I have a squirrel problem. Those rats with the bushy tails. They are tearing up my lawn.
Paul, are you sure those aren't Gophers? I never had squirrels do any damage to my lawn...
Not saying they don't, mind you, just asking... :);):confused: