PDA

View Full Version : 12 inch Blades

Mike Barton
09-11-2010, 6:47 PM
I got my new old Powermatic TS cleanedup, built a dolly, and am researching three phase converters...

I came across two of these blades, guy wants 80 for the pair, looks like list is 115 each and they are new...

Anyone know this brand, and do I really want 24 tooth rip blades? 12 inch by 24 tooth carbide custom J.D.Lacourse(Providence RI) blades for one inch arbor. Part# rsp12241. I found their online catalog, anyone ever use them ?

Thanks

Mike B

Bob Aquino
09-11-2010, 9:07 PM
I've never heard of them. A sure bet would be a forrest WW2 at around 120 bucks. Cheaper and very servicable blades are also available from other manufacturers, but I would probably stick with a combo blade around 40-60 teeth. I'm currently running a 48 tooth Amana blade that does very nicely and I think I paid less than 50 for it about 2 years ago. 12" blades with 1 inch arbors are not as common as 10", but are not all that rare.

Rod Sheridan
09-12-2010, 5:01 AM
I use a 24 tooth rip blade all the time, works great.

Any blade is available with any bore you want, you just have to order it that way.

Tooling suppliers are set up to bore the blade to any size required, and can put in the additional pin holes for machines that require them.

Regards, Rod.