PDA

View Full Version : Game Day

Belinda Barfield
09-11-2010, 9:21 AM
Early morning reflection and remembrance of those lost on and after 9/11 (which will continue throughout the day) - check

Beer - check
Wine - check
Steaks - check
Rice Pilaf - okay, I still have to make that
Asparagus and baby carrots for roasting - check
Game snacks - check
GA Shirt - check

College football all afternoon and evening - big check!

I love game day. The only thing left to do is say a heartfelt THANK YOU to those who risk their lives every day so that I can have a day like this one. :) So, thanks! Life IS GOOD!:D Go Dawgs! Go 'Bama! Go FSU!

Paul McGaha
09-11-2010, 9:35 AM
Go LSU Tigers.

Kent A Bathurst
09-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Belinda - you forgot your Steve Superior Voodoo Doll with rusty nails for the pins.

Zach England
09-11-2010, 10:31 AM
I am going to utah-UNLV. When a friend offered to take me I was reluctant with all the good games on TV, but that is what iphone is for. :)

Roger Newby
09-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Nebraska vs. Idaho (yawn)

Zach England
09-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Nebraska vs. Idaho (yawn)

GO BIG RED!!!

I have my tickets for Oct. 16.

Belinda Barfield
09-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Belinda - you forgot your Steve Superior Voodoo Doll with rusty nails for the pins.

No, Kent, I did not . . . I just didn't want to let everyone know of my evil intentions. Steve Spurrier doll is at the ready, all implements of torture are in place, 31 minutes until I initiate the GO sequence.

Peanuts boiling - check! :D

A good day in my world is any day that Spurrier or Florida lose! Preferably both! SIC 'EM!!!!

I normally don't cook on a game day as we usually spend the day at Hooters. Can you believe I couldn't find a single one of the gang that wanted to go to Hooters today? What is up with that!?!? They all wanted to go to TailGate . . . a nice enough place but so smoke filled that after a day of rootin' for my team at the top of my lungs and inhaling all that second hand smoke I lose my voice for a couple of days. A blessing to some, a curse to others as my melodious voice cannot grace their ears. :rolleyes: Sounding like a cross between Kathleen Turner and Kathy Ireland isn't something just anyone can pull off . . .

Kent A Bathurst
09-11-2010, 4:21 PM
No, Kent, I did not . . . I just didn't want to let everyone know of my evil intentions. Steve Spurrier doll is at the ready, all implements of torture are in place, 31 minutes until I initiate the GO sequence.

Peanuts boiling - check! :D

Memo to Self: Get new Spurrier Voodoo Doll. Old one worn out.

Ouuuuch.

Nancy Laird
09-11-2010, 4:23 PM
go vols!!!!

Belinda Barfield
09-11-2010, 7:09 PM
Memo to Self: Get new Spurrier Voodoo Doll. Old one worn out.

Ouuuuch.

Ditto that Kent! That one hurt!

Kent A Bathurst
09-11-2010, 8:23 PM
Ditto that Kent! That one hurt!

As we have discussed off-line: FIDO.:p

Joe Pelonio
09-12-2010, 12:20 AM
I have to admit, our Washington Husky's and Jake Locker put a pretty good whomping on Syracuse.

I doubt that the Seahawks will do the same tomorrow when the 49ers come to town.

Chris Kennedy
09-12-2010, 7:46 AM
Go Blue!

I wonder if they will keep up the momentum. The offensive line is playing better, and the new QB seems to be working out (although I wonder if he can keep up the level of play for the entire season). They need to work on their kickers, though.

Cheers,

Chris

Belinda Barfield
09-12-2010, 8:53 AM
As we have discussed off-line: FIDO.:p

Tough to do, Kent, when every game counts. At least 'Bama won . . . ROLL TIDE!