PDA

View Full Version : How to make a tree

Rod Dilyard
12-15-2004, 9:34 AM
My 4 year old nephew collects these birds (http://www.melaniesemporium.com/Audobon%20Birds.htm) and his mother asked me to come up with a way to display them.

It's made out of MDF which seems kind of ironic - making a tree out of ground up trees. Since some of the birds are ducks I routed a pond into the base to keep them happy.

Keith Starosta
12-15-2004, 9:43 AM
That is very cool!! I'm sure your nephew will LOVE it!

Nice bench, by the way...

Keith

Pete Lamberty
12-15-2004, 9:55 AM
That is a great tree idea. Very creative. Perfect way to show off the collection.

Maurice Ungaro
12-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Very creative. I like your work bench top too!

Maurice

Kurt Aebi
12-15-2004, 10:53 AM
Rod,

What a wonderful tree you have there! Great job, that nephew of your's is truly lucky and he should treasure this display for years.

Looks Great - Super Job. Nice looking shop as well!

Dick Parr
12-15-2004, 12:24 PM
Very nice nice Rod. I think your nephew is going to love it. :)

I haven't been to Orrville in a lot of years, brings back a lot of good memories when I saw where you are from Rod. :D My aunt and uncle use to live there along with my cousins. I have spent a lot of summers working on their farm. ;) Grew up east of Cleveland. With the snow they are getting it's a good place to be from. :D

Betsy Yocum
12-15-2004, 1:24 PM
Real nice tree Rod - I'm sure your nephew will love it.

Orville, Ohio - hummmm - my high school (Bethel) went against Orville in 1978 for the state boys Single A basketball championship. It escapes me the outcome - I think Orville won - to many years ago!

Again - nice work Rod.

Betsy

Rod Dilyard
12-15-2004, 2:30 PM
Yes, Orrville (just like most places in Ohio) is a great place to be from in Winter. We're mostly famous for Smucker's (jams and jellies). In fact, my house sits in a developement that was formerly Smucker's first apple orchard.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Chris Padilla
12-15-2004, 3:33 PM
Rod,

We can't see your bench too well...something large and green is in the way! ;)

(nice tree)

Louis Bois
12-15-2004, 3:41 PM
ER...I visited the site with the birds...and um...looks like your going to have to start building tree #2 as the collection is huge!!!!:eek:

Rod Dilyard
12-15-2004, 4:01 PM
All maple. Completed last winter. I still have to make a cover for the twin-screw chain since the plastic one that came with it got "installed" in the garbage can.

Jerry Olexa
12-15-2004, 6:08 PM
That is a beautiful bench....

Chris Padilla
12-15-2004, 7:45 PM
Wow, spectacular bench...3 vises?