PDA

View Full Version : Are things inproving?

Gregg Vaughn
09-10-2010, 11:10 AM
I have noticed that the number of folks logged on the the Engraver's Forum has lately been in the high 50's to 60ish .... The numbers have been down for the past year or so. Good sign? Are things getting better? More people out of work with time to surf the site?

AL Ursich
09-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Busy here.....:D

Martin Boekers
09-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Real Busy!

Frank Corker
09-10-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm still sticking pins in my butt to keep me amused.

Mike Null
09-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Mine's good and promises to get better.

Joe Pelonio
09-10-2010, 2:57 PM
I'm still sticking pins in my butt to keep me amused.
Pictures? :D

Joe Pelonio
09-10-2010, 3:00 PM
I'm doing only wholesale work for a group of long-term customers now, while working a full-time job, and find that in the last few months business is well above what it was last year, as measured by a lack of sleep and leisure time.

Lee DeRaud
09-10-2010, 3:20 PM
More people out of work with time to surf the site?Possibly. Also maybe people looking for a side business as a hedge against a feared layoff.

Lee DeRaud
09-10-2010, 3:22 PM
I'm still sticking pins in my butt to keep me amused.Pictures? :DReally bad idea: what has been seen cannot be unseen. :eek:

Tim Bateson
09-10-2010, 3:24 PM
Zero business in the Spring - Worked my butt off over the summer - Zero business presently - Christmas has always been a busy time, so that work should soon be coming in.

Trying to work a few commercial accounts to level out the business, but that part of my business is still young, thus a bit erratic. It's been either Feast or Famine.

Andrew Mammoliti
09-10-2010, 4:18 PM
Up to my eyeballs with work, I think I work as fast as my laser engraves!!! LOL

Ron Chapellaz
09-11-2010, 4:50 PM
It's been a very busy summer for me. Didn't have time to get away for a summer holiday this year, only had time for 3 weekend getaways. I certainly am not complaining!

Mark Ross
09-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Business has doubled over what it was last year. It is Sunday and I am at work. Need I say more?

Bill Cunningham
09-14-2010, 10:00 PM
I took five days vacation in July this year, and it took me almost 4 weeks to catch up! I'm constantly booked a minimum of 10 days in advance.. If there's a recession, I haven't seen it yet. Actually, I don't think I have had a day in the shop utilizing Franks energizer pinning system for the last three years! It sure beats wondering where the next meal is coming from.. (been there in the past too!!) But, in this business, it always been feast or famine. I just happen to be in 'feast mode' and hoping it lasts.. The only thing I find a bit strange, is my American sales have virtually dried up. I don't think I have shipped more than 5-10k of product to the states in the last 12 months. Before the recession hit the U.S., I would ship three times that much across the border every year.. I'm not really hurting without the American sales, my Canadian sales have more than filled the gap, I just find it strange..