PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite search engine?

Zach Callum
09-10-2010, 9:13 AM
Just wanted to take a quick poll. Which search engine do you use the most? I personally use google, especially for local searches...

Mitchell Andrus
09-10-2010, 9:29 AM
I love the Google.

Charles Wiggins
09-10-2010, 9:32 AM
Google. It's just too easy to flip back and forth between the Web search and Maps, plus I have an Android phone, so I can look a place up and tap the phone number to call. A couple of weeks ago when we went to Fayetteville, NC (4 hours away) we turned on the GPS to show our exact location on the map and my wife was able to tell me how close we were to the next turn.

Bob Rufener
09-10-2010, 10:57 AM
I have Google set up as my home page. It is utterly amazing to me how these search engines can provide so much information in such a short time. I'm thankful for the brainiacs that can develop these sites.

Prashun Patel
09-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Google.

It's so good, it's become my homepage.

It's so good, I rarely use the browser address bar anymore; I just type in the name of the site and it finds it for me.

Google is so good, people say 'google it' instead of 'search it on the internet'.

I was at an Agilent seminar yesterday, and the instructor told us the link to the online presentation by giving us the google keywords instead of the URL to the Agilent website.

Google is so good, they're working on an app to help people find their misplaced car keys.

Chris Padilla
09-10-2010, 11:12 AM
I googled your question and it told me...get ready for this...Google. Weird, huh?

;)

Chuck Wintle
09-10-2010, 11:15 AM
google for me. and how the google search engine works is very interesting. :D

Ed Hazel
09-10-2010, 11:25 AM
I to use Google most of the time. However I do have some complaints
Amazon, Y-tube, Images and Local

I would much prefer it if these were not all over the first page. If I want to buy something from Amazon I will go to Amazon, If I want to see a video I will search Y-tube if I want to see images I will search images. Let me turn on local when I want it.

David G Baker
09-10-2010, 11:28 AM
I started using Bing just after it was introduced and love it. Google was my engine of choice until Bing. Give Bing a chance, the search results don't seem to be predicated on which result generates the most $$$.

Matt Meiser
09-10-2010, 11:34 AM
There are still other search engines besides Google?

Frank Drew
09-10-2010, 3:52 PM
I haven 't given any of the other search engines enough of a chance to make a very informed opinion, but I've always found Google to be a great resource. In fact, I think the two founders deserve a Nobel Prize or something.

Bryan Morgan
09-10-2010, 3:56 PM
Google... Bing... whatever. Most other "search engines" are just front ends for Bing or Google anyway...

Ken Fitzgerald
09-10-2010, 3:57 PM
I prefer Mamma

Jim Rimmer
09-10-2010, 9:59 PM
I use the winner - Google

Jon Knauft
09-10-2010, 10:03 PM
You ever wonder what technology is behind google? One word - pigeons. Google said so themselves so it must be true.:rolleyes:

http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html

-Jon

Dave Lehnert
09-10-2010, 10:03 PM
www.dogpile.com

Searches Google, Yahoo, Bing, ask at the same time.

David G Baker
09-10-2010, 10:21 PM
I also use dogpile when Google and Bing fail to find what I want.

Bruce Page
09-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Google for me too.
I just wish they hadn't messed with their news format. :mad:

Dave Wagner
09-12-2010, 9:13 AM
Google, I like the plain simple no clutter page, just a search box. and now they have the NEW Auto Search, it starts filtering when you start typing, kinda weird, but seems faster, since you don't even have to hit the search button, the results start appearing as you type...

Heather Thompson
09-12-2010, 9:27 AM
www.dogpile.com (http://www.dogpile.com)

Searches Google, Yahoo, Bing, ask at the same time.

+1 on Dogpile.

Heather

David G Baker
09-12-2010, 10:19 AM
I am surprised that more of us haven't switched to Bing. At first I was hesitant due to the Microsoft brand on it but I overcame that and really like it.

Chuck Wintle
09-12-2010, 10:39 AM
I am surprised that more of us haven't switched to Bing. At first I was hesitant due to the Microsoft brand on it but I overcame that and really like it.

Google is #1 for search engines. Switching to Bing, for me, is a step backwards. :D