PDA

View Full Version : Summit Laser

Ernest Martin
09-10-2010, 7:32 AM
I just bought and old Epilog Summit Laser can the Laser tube be recharged on those. Also I'm new to Lasers any Suggestions. I will be using Coral Draw.

Mike Null
09-10-2010, 7:57 AM
Ernest

Welcome to SMC. I suggest you contact Epilog tech support with your question. It's free and you can get the right answer.

Are you sure the tube needs recharging?

Ernest Martin
09-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the info I will do that

AL Ursich
09-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Does it operate from Win 95 or XP?

Just Curious.... I am looking for the board for my old Summit that still runs on Win 95.... that will make it run on XP.

Good Luck,

AL

Ernest Martin
09-10-2010, 10:57 AM
It runs on 98 I'm not sure if this model is upgradeable to XP or not

AL Ursich
09-10-2010, 11:26 AM
It runs on 98 I'm not sure if this model is upgradeable to XP or not

That is a good thing.... Know the Firmware Revision when you call and they will tell you if you can download the XP Driver. I have the very oldest Firmware and can't use anything but Win 95.

Good Luck,

AL

Roy Brewer
09-10-2010, 11:09 PM
I just bought and old Epilog Summit Laser can the Laser tube be recharged on those. .Ernest,

Most of the Summit tubes cannot be recharged. Epilog used the Synrad tube during the Summit days and Synrad refuses to fix or supply parts for any tube over 10 years old. Epilog can recharge some of them in house, but they won't know for sure unless you send the tube to them for evaluation.

Tech support will clarify this for you if you like. If you have not already called them, have the SN, firmware version(watch display during boot up) and it would be a good idea to have removed the laser's cover to allow you to describe it them (certain vintages were different colors and had different end caps).