PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 1

Neal Clayton
09-10-2010, 2:03 AM
not really surprised at the saints/vikings result, other than the fact that the saints should've scored more. two missed FGs and dropped passes will give sean payton something to complain about in practice.

as for the rest, i can't wait til monday night. here's ray lewis calling out rex ryan in retaliation for rex ryan saying something about ray lewis. football drama is great ;).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OuXSBSW9cEU

Sean Troy
09-10-2010, 7:56 AM
Bret should never have returned. He'll end his career looking bad.

David Weaver
09-10-2010, 8:57 AM
Bret should never have returned. He'll end his career looking bad.

Most guys do.

As far as NO goes, an ugly win in the beginning of the season is still a win, and if you have some mid-season injuries and go for a bad stretch, those wins really count.

The difference between the NO team the last two years and the ones prior was defense. The prior teams were fun to watch because of their offensive productivity, but the teams with a good defense are the ones other teams' fans fear.

Chris Padilla
09-10-2010, 11:11 AM
My Rockies are in full swing owning September...7 game winning streak! ;) Oh wait, football started up....

Zach England
09-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Minnesota receivers seemed to drop A LOT of passes and Favre's passes seemed to come a bit late several times.

Jacob Mac
09-10-2010, 3:46 PM
Minnesota receivers seemed to drop A LOT of passes and Favre's passes seemed to come a bit late several times.

Ya, that will happen when you miss camp and Sidney Rice is out. The Vikings will be interesting to watch. I certainly do not think they played poorly last night, but they might be in for a long season. But, in all likelihood, they should be fine. But the Packers are still better.

BTW, I am an unabashed Packers fan, so I am terribly biased.

Phyllis Meyer
09-10-2010, 6:37 PM
Go Packers!

Paul Ryan
09-10-2010, 10:56 PM
IMHO the better team won last night, unlike the NFC championship game this past Jan. But I think the Vikes will be a force to be reckoned with come this Dec. Favre was rusty, we are missing our best receiver, only had 4 receivers at the game, and only had 3 corners on the team last night. I was very impressed with my defense considering what was missing. After the saints 1st drive I thought it was going to be a long night. I am not happy we were so rusty, but it will come. What bothers me most is this game could be a tie breaker for home field come the playoffs. In all honesty it shouldn't have been that close. But both teams were rusty Brees missed some passes he wont miss later in the season. It looked like a preseason game. I hope a rematch with both teams at full strength will come this winter.

Neal Clayton
09-11-2010, 5:24 AM
Ya, that will happen when you miss camp and Sidney Rice is out. The Vikings will be interesting to watch. I certainly do not think they played poorly last night, but they might be in for a long season. But, in all likelihood, they should be fine. But the Packers are still better.

BTW, I am an unabashed Packers fan, so I am terribly biased.

going by preseason results, the two teams i would most worry about as a saints fan are the packers and the ravens.

i don't know what joe flacco did in the offseason, but whatever it was, he figured something out. he looked like a pro bowl QB in camp.

Paul McGaha
09-11-2010, 9:01 AM
I'm happy the Saints won. The Vikings are a high quality team and not easy to beat. Giving the Vikings credit for last year I guess it made sense for Favre to come back as they had a great year last year. Cant say that I agree with the Vikings being better than the Saints last year though.

As for this year it will be interesting to see who will be good. Just my opinion I think the Saints, Packers, Cowboys, and Vikings are the best from the NFC. From the AFC I like the Patriots, Colts and Ravens. Not sure about the Jets and the Chargers.

PHM

Jim Rimmer
09-12-2010, 5:12 PM
Thread diversion - The Houston Texans finally got past their inability to beat the Colts and Manning. And looked pretty good doing it.

Neal Clayton
09-12-2010, 8:29 PM
that new RB of theirs is a beast.

yes they did look good doing it, running all over the colts. this should be the year the texans get over the hump and make the playoffs (as long as schaub doesn't get hurt again and they wind up with matt leinart @ QB).

Joe Pelonio
09-12-2010, 9:38 PM
I hope someone besides me noticed that the suddenly surprising Seahawks
did a job on the 49ers today!

Ken Fitzgerald
09-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Joe,

Another game or two like that and I'll quit referring to them as the SeaSquabs.:eek::D

Ken Fitzgerald
09-12-2010, 11:47 PM
I'd hate to be that right offensive lineman for Dallas that caused that last flag and resultant penalty!

What a way to end a game.

Gene Howe
09-13-2010, 8:05 AM
Who are these teams you guys are talking about?
Don't you realize that the Cardinals won one?
Now, that fact is amazing by it's self.

Chris Padilla
09-13-2010, 5:08 PM
Sigh, are we still talking football?? How about that 10 game winning streak by the Rockies?! :)

Brad Wood
09-13-2010, 6:07 PM
I hope someone besides me noticed that the suddenly surprising Seahawks
did a job on the 49ers today!

YEP!! Didn't get in on the game until late in the 2nd, was a little concerned with the score at that point... then they just started turning up the heat and plowed over the Niners.
Forsett looked real promising. I really liked Pete Carroll's enthusiasm on the sidelines. I haven't watched any pre season, so this was the first game I'd seen with him at the helm.

I've got high hopes .... fingers crossed.

I'm actually planning on going to the KC game over Thanksgiving weekend. Wife is from KC, so I'm not sure who she will be rooting for :cool:

Michael O'Sullivan
09-13-2010, 6:16 PM
I'd hate to be that right offensive lineman for Dallas that caused that last flag and resultant penalty!

What a way to end a game.

But if he didn't hold, Romo would have been toast, and the TD never would have happened. I can't argue with the call there.

Greg Portland
09-13-2010, 6:22 PM
i don't know what joe flacco did in the offseason, but whatever it was, he figured something out. he looked like a pro bowl QB in camp.The Ravens brought in a large physical receiver who can catch. That plus an excellent tight end and solid running game = troubles for opposing defenses.

Neal Clayton
09-13-2010, 11:09 PM
trouble enough for the jets!

it must be killing them that ray lewis called them out and then beat them in their own building in week 1.