PDA

View Full Version : Mama one eye and all her one eyed babies

Bill Hunt
09-09-2010, 6:24 PM
When I have some scraps here is one of the things I turn. when I started doing "spheres" I looked at a sphere jig but after looking at it for a few minutes I figured I'd use it about 6 times and stop using it so I just do them free hand now, takes just a few minutes and I saved the bucks for other ''essentials". Mama has an eye in the back of her head too so you can't get out of her sight.:D

the other photo is of my first attempt at a finial, maple spray painted black. A practice piece.

thanks for looking

Bill

James Combs
09-09-2010, 6:34 PM
Nice use of left over eye balls...er I mean wood. Good looking finial. Got any dimensions for it??

Allen Neighbors
09-09-2010, 6:36 PM
Bill, nice first try on the finial! My first one broke! And the bowl of spheres is really "eye" catching. I love to turn spheres! They go fast, and it's a good way to use up some offcuts!! Well done, all the way around!!

John Keeton
09-09-2010, 7:10 PM
Bill, nice use of scrap!! And, you have a lot more patience than do I! Multiples and I do not get along. I have a hard time turning 4 table legs.

Good job on the finial!

Michael James
09-09-2010, 8:02 PM
Bill,
Love the spheres.... I turned an "egg" and thought..Ok I did that. Have not tried the rounds yet. Pretty good eye for a first finial, but I have difficulty guaging the success of it without the piece it might be attached to. The stem may be thick, may not. may be too short, may be too long.
Keep at it...one of these days I'll try one and be asking you guys to help me!
mj