PDA

View Full Version : September 11th — INDY Fest

Dahl Troy Perry
09-09-2010, 2:17 PM
This is a program that they put on every year thought there might be some creekers close that might not know about this and want to come it will last all day Sat. You can do a search and it will tell more about all the demo's and venders that will be there.

September 11th — INDY Fest at Ray Thompson’s place.

Shop will open 9;)0a.m. Demo’s will start at 10:00a.m. First demo will be Duane Leach followed by the Kobra
demo. Lunch will be available from St. John’s youth group from noon to 1:00p and demo’s will resume at
1:00p.m.with Lyle Jamieson followed by Vice Welch, Terry Quiram, and Dicke Coers, ending around 5:00p.m.
with a discussion on selecting and cutting blanks from logs.
The main demo lathe will be a Powermatic 4224 with a 4224 in the shop as an open machine all day. In the big
tent there will be a Jet 1642, a 1236, and a mini as open machines. Lyle’s mini and Al’s mini will be setup with
their respective hollowing rigs for hands on work all day.
There will be grinders for sharpening with on setup with Don Geigers tooling on one. There will also be a Work-
Sharp and 1 or 2 Tormeks along with a chain saw sharpener. All the grinders will be open for Plane blades,
chisels and chains throughout the day.

CLUB MEETING — September 12th at Ray Thompson’s place.

Club meeting will be at 2:00p.m. Hosted by Ray Thompson with a demo from Lyle Jamieson

Directions to Ray Thompson’s Place:

Take I-69 North to Exit 26
Turn South (Right) onto Scatterfield Road proceed to 4 way stop (approximately 1/2 mile) Meijer will be on left.
Turn left onto 67th Street go 2 1/2 miles to 4703 East 400 South (67th street becomes 400 South).
Ray can be reached at 765-620-9214

Allen Neighbors
09-09-2010, 6:29 PM
I'm sitting in Childress, Texas, eating my heart out!!
Y'all have fun, now, hear?? :D