PDA

View Full Version : Trend Airshield and Airshield Pro

Daniel Parker
09-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Thinking about investing in the Trend Airshield Pro.

Anybody have any feedback or experiences concerning the product?

Ben Franz
09-09-2010, 11:38 AM
I was considering the Pro last year. The face shield doesn't provide ANSI standard impact protection so you are supposed to wear safety glasses as well. I don't think the air filtration protects from organic vapors - only dust - so no spray finishing usage. I decided it was too much money for dust protection only. I think 3M makes several more versatile systems but they are much more expensive(2-3x). I'm sure others will be able to offer better advise and/or correct any misinformation above.

Matt Winterowd
09-09-2010, 12:37 PM
I bought a Pro model primarily for turning. I tried it out a little in the store and thought that it seemed pretty comfortable, but in actual use I find that I'm almost constantly looking down slightly, which makes the thing feel like it weighs a ton. Consequently, I don't really use it.

I might be willing to make you a deal if you're really interested in trying one.

Greg Portland
09-09-2010, 12:49 PM
I've tried a bunch of these products and find them either uncomfortable or limiting visibility. The 3M solution (Breathe-Easy and Airstream PAPR) does not have these problems but runs about $1k.

Mike Ramsey
09-09-2010, 12:58 PM
I have both the airshield reg & the pro. I used the airshield for 2 yrs prior
to getting the pro, for me the pro is far more comfortable than the first
generation, the battery last twice as long, it looks like an "Alien" head but
with the battery in the back of the helmut it is very balanced, I could not
do without it. Maybe it's because I have a big head.....

John M. Cioffi
09-09-2010, 4:20 PM
Dan,
I just bought an Air Shield Pro. It is working out very well so far. I'm still getting used to having something on my head though, but it rests quite comfortably & is not really noisy. The shield stays very clear & the helmet seals you in very well. The on-off button on the back is conveniently located & the adjustments are easy to deal with. Sometimes these things make you feel like you should be on a Moon walk instead of in your woodworking shop, but if it keeps the dust out of my lungs, it is a plus!
The Pro is really a good improvement over the previous model. You can read more about it on the website. www.trendairshield.com (http://www.trendairshield.com) :)
John

Bijesh Jacob
09-09-2010, 6:09 PM
I have been using the airshield for a couple of years now and it works ok. Once in a while it feels uncomfortable but overall I have been ok with it. It is worth knowing that I am keeping the dust out of my lungs.