PDA

View Full Version : Cudos to JoinTech Sales person

Jim O'Dell
12-14-2004, 7:36 PM
I bought a Smart Miter last year at the DFW Woodworker show. It works great, and I'm really glad I got it instead of a CMS replacement at that time. (SCMS to follow me home sometime in the future) The only thing that has bugged me is that the slippery tape, for lack of the proper name, that is fixed to the bottom doesn't line up with the runners on the webbed cast iron wings of my Ridgid TS. I asked the guy maning the demo booth at this year's show if he knew how I culd get some of the tape.. He said he knew exactly what I meant, had the same saw, and to give him a few minutes, he had some extra pieces of the tape and would give me a strip. He fumbled around for a few minutes and couldn't find the box it was in. But, he was a little flustered because he had just lost power to his table saw as he started a demo when I walked up. Seems someone had piggy backed onto his electrical and blew a breaker. I talked to the client and told him how great it was. )but at that price, you really need to see it in action before buying it) I gave him some time while I shopped and watched some seminars. Sure as I came back, he reached back and grabbed a strip of the tape out of a bag and handed it to me. Got to talk to another patron about the unit. Hope he made some sales. It was really nice to be helped by this guy. Great company, great tool! Jim.

Mike Tempel
12-14-2004, 8:30 PM
I too own one and have found it to be an invaluable tool in my shop. I talked my dad into buying one and he had a similar problem with the tape - his was a little too thin for his liking. He contacted the company and they mailed him a new piece in just a couple of days. That kind of customer service should take them far.

Mike

mike lucas
12-14-2004, 10:45 PM
I would like to try out their new digital router lift. But at more then $400 I will be waiting for a price reduction before getting it.

Nice to see their are still companies that put the customer first. There isn't many like that anymore.:)