PDA

View Full Version : The Declaration

George Beck
09-08-2010, 3:09 PM
Hi all

I just received by 1.5 lens for my Versa Laser and ran my first piece with it! I apologize for the poor photography (I don't quite have the hang of that yet). I was trying to find a board with an interesting grain reminiscent of parchment. I know a lot of you have done this piece. Here is my version of the Declaration of Independence on Curly Cherry. Thanks for looking

Mike Null
09-08-2010, 3:16 PM
George

Great looking wood and work. If I may make a suggestion--try some dark brown wax shoe polish rubbed in with a toothbrush. It'll give you better contrast.

Test first on a piece of scrap to be sure it doesn't bleed.

Phyllis Meyer
09-08-2010, 3:28 PM
It's beautiful! Love the cherry, great job!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Dee Gallo
09-08-2010, 3:43 PM
Your choice of wood is an excellent one, beautiful job!

Did you find the new lens to make a big difference?
:) dee

George Beck
09-08-2010, 3:48 PM
Thanks Mike good idea I will try that. Thank you Phyllis and as always, thank you Dee. The selection of wood is kinda my thing. I did find the lens to be a big difference in little fonts. I just couldn't get there with 2.0. It took a little playing around with tests to get it right. The lens is very close to the work so power needs to be cut. I ran this at 28% power, 99%speed. It took 95 minutes!
Thanks for looking

George

Tom Bull
09-08-2010, 4:13 PM
'Tis truly beautiful. Is that file available for others to use?

Todd Suire
09-08-2010, 5:22 PM
George,

Great work on that piece. I have to agree with the others, your choice of wood was right on.

Having visited Washington, D.C. this summer and seen the Declaration firsthand, your work is a fine example of that great document.

I encourage everyone to go see the original in person; it's getting up in age and the ink is fading.

John Frazee
09-08-2010, 6:23 PM
'Tis truly beautiful. Is that file available for others to use?

Nice looking work.

I'm with Tom here! Is the file available?

George Beck
09-08-2010, 6:43 PM
Thanks everyone. Yes the file is available. I can't get the upload thing to work because the file even zipped is too big. I will email it to anyone who asks, which is really big of me considering a fellow creeker sent it to me. Just email me at georgedotvdotbeck@macdotcom
By the way anyone have the gettysburg address?

Thanks again

George

Robert Walters
09-08-2010, 8:42 PM
Thanks everyone. Yes the file is available. I can't get the upload thing to work because the file even zipped is too big. I will email it to anyone who asks, which is really big of me considering a fellow creeker sent it to me. Just email me at By the way anyone have the gettysburg address?

Thanks again

George

Hi George,

Very nice work!

You can upload to http://filebin.ca/ up to 50MB in file size fwiw.

Andrea Weissenseel
09-09-2010, 3:20 AM
This is absolutely beautiful, George !

Andrea

Dan Hintz
09-09-2010, 6:43 AM
What a bummer... went to open it last night only to find the latest beta of Corel has timed out :( Looks like I need to finally install the final gold master...