PDA

View Full Version : A little TIP with big results...

Bill Huber
09-08-2010, 8:46 AM
I have really been working on using the correct amount of glue, just what is needed and no more. I try to use just enough to get a little squeeze out.

Now the problem is to clean up that little squeeze out.

I have found the best tool for me to clean that squeeze out up.

I have 4 of those little 6 inch stainless steel scales (rulers), they are great for getting that squeeze out. They get right down in the corners and you will not believe just how good they get it.

They are flexible and you can get them just about any place and there is very little if any glue left to clean up after it drys.

Paul McGaha
09-08-2010, 9:02 AM
Another good idea from you Bill.

PHM

Harold Burrell
09-08-2010, 11:54 AM
I have 4 of those little 6 inch stainless steel scales (rulers)...

4??? Why 4???

Dan Hintz
09-08-2010, 12:20 PM
4??? Why 4???
No matter how often you lose one, another is bound to be found close by :)

Callan Campbell
09-08-2010, 12:22 PM
4??? Why 4??? Well Harold, if it's like my shop, it's one buried under my main bench full of stuff, one lost somewhere else in the shop, one that fell behind that previously mentioned bench, which is also against the wall and too heavy to move. Finally, one for my apron pocket so I don't lose it and can actually use it......:p:D

Bill Huber
09-08-2010, 1:43 PM
4??? Why 4???

I don't know, I just do, I get them at shows and places like that so I have 4.

Van Huskey
09-08-2010, 2:00 PM
6" reluers are like shop pencils, I have a bunch of them just never where I need them!

I usually grab a card scraper but the rules will fit places they don't great tip.

Rob Lindquist
09-08-2010, 2:38 PM
Bill,
I use the same thing, they do work great for that. But I only have 3 right now, and this weekend my Dad was over and said, "that's where all my rules went". None are his and he knows it, but he loses as many as I do.

A good tip for me would be that they make a good measurement tool! They get more use on glue.:D

Dan Hintz
09-08-2010, 4:45 PM
Well there's your solution! Glue a few to the side of your workbench... you'll never lose them again.

Harold Burrell
09-08-2010, 9:11 PM
I don't know, I just do, I get them at shows and places like that so I have 4.

Actually, I asked hoping you would tell me the reason was because you are unorganized and can never remember where you put stuff. So I wouldn't feel alone...

:o

Bill Huber
09-08-2010, 9:12 PM
Actually, I asked hoping you would tell me the reason was because you are unorganized and can never remember where you put stuff. So I wouldn't feel alone...

:o

Well don't feel bad, I can only find one at a time then when I can't fine it I have to go looking all over the place until I find one again.

Harold Burrell
09-09-2010, 8:19 AM
Well don't feel bad, I can only find one at a time then when I can't fine it I have to go looking all over the place until I find one again.

Thank you. I feel better. :)

bob alexander
09-09-2010, 3:53 PM
The more places one is residing the easier it is to find one when I go looking.