PDA

View Full Version : Random Act of Generosity

David DeCristoforo
09-07-2010, 11:00 PM
I got back from a few days in Nevada today to find a box on my front porch containing a beautiful chunk of oak burl. It was sent by Cathy Schaewe for no reason I can imagine except that she wanted to send me a chunk of oak burl. I just wanted to thank her for this and I will post some pics soon. Right now it's soaking in glue! It's a wet beast so I'm going to cut it up later this week and see what's inside.

Steve Vaughan
09-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Maybe that's a start to a whole new gift exchange! Sending random blocks of wood to woodturners and I think that's a great idea!

Don Alexander
09-07-2010, 11:48 PM
i also was the lucky recipient of some of that oak burl ....... THANKS CATHY ........... one of these days i'm going to see if i can do it justice :eek::)

Cathy Schaewe
09-08-2010, 9:33 AM
I'm glad you liked it! I enjoy sending people wood and seeing what they make out of it - I have so many trees! :)

John Keeton
09-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Another lucky recipient, as well!! And, Cathy, I apologize again for not getting pics taken and posted!:o Maybe we can all jump in and highjack DD's thread with a group 'THANKS.'

Cathy also included a nice piece of spalted birch that looks to be a really beautiful piece of wood, too.