PDA

View Full Version : I had to smile - -

Gordon Eyre
09-07-2010, 12:54 PM
I have a Forrest Woodworker I crosscut TS blade and have been putting off getting it sharpened. I finally replaced this blade with my original Powermatic rip blade and packed the Woodworker I blade and sent it off to Forrest. I just got it back and it is amazing. When I looked at the invoice it said "Blade was extremely dull" and charged me an additional $7.00. I guess I might have waited a little too long before getting it sharpened. :D

Brett Nelson
09-07-2010, 2:36 PM
I have a Forrest Woodworker I crosscut TS blade and have been putting off getting it sharpened. I finally replaced this blade with my original Powermatic rip blade and packed the Woodworker I blade and sent it off to Forrest. I just got it back and it is amazing. When I looked at the invoice it said "Blade was extremely dull" and charged me an additional $7.00. I guess I might have waited a little too long before getting it sharpened. :D

Tell them not to make such a good blade. If it were a cheap $20 blade then you would've noticed quicker. :D

Gordon Eyre
09-07-2010, 2:41 PM
Tell them not to make such a good blade. If it were a cheap $20 blade then you would've noticed quicker. :D

I hear you Brett, they do make an awfully nice blade.

Peter Quinn
09-07-2010, 2:44 PM
Hmmm. I have just such a blade in my own saw cabinet waiting for me and my round tuits to take action. Every now and then I put it back on the saw and think "This really needs to go out for sharpening soon". I think it might cut better than some of the lesser blades I have tried even if I installed it backwards! Glad to hear Forrest sharpening provided good service.

Van Huskey
09-07-2010, 3:54 PM
I often wish blades had a strip like razors that turned a different color when dull, I lose track of how good a sharp blade is because being a hobbyist they dull so slowly!

Don Jarvie
09-07-2010, 3:56 PM
Forrest turned my WWII around in 5 days. Sent it overnight on Monday and had it back by Friday.

Chris Padilla
09-07-2010, 4:00 PM
"Blade was extremely dull" and charged me an additional $7.00. I guess I might have waited a little too long before getting it sharpened. :D

Come clean, Gordon! They really didn't say the blade was extremely dull, did they? Are you sure your name wasn't there instead?? ;)

Gordon Eyre
09-07-2010, 4:15 PM
Hmmm. I have just such a blade in my own saw cabinet waiting for me and my round tuits to take action. Every now and then I put it back on the saw and think "This really needs to go out for sharpening soon". I think it might cut better than some of the lesser blades I have tried even if I installed it backwards! Glad to hear Forrest sharpening provided good service.

My round tuit fell off the table and hit me on the toes. It wasn't until then that I sent the blade off to Forrest. :D

I often wish blades had a strip like razors that turned a different color when dull, I lose track of how good a sharp blade is because being a hobbyist they dull so slowly!

That would be helpful Van.

Forrest turned my WWII around in 5 days. Sent it overnight on Monday and had it back by Friday.

I was just thinking today that my blade should be back soon when I heard the Fed Ex truck drive up. Forrest did really well on the turnaround for me as well.

Come clean, Gordon! They really didn't say the blade was extremely dull, did they? Are you sure your name wasn't there instead?? ;)

Would I jest about a serious thing like that? :)