PDA

View Full Version : New glue?

Alfred Hoffmann
09-07-2010, 9:25 AM
In a recent New Yankee Workshop episode Norm is using a new type of glue . Does anyone know what kind it is?

Joe Chritz
09-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Which episode?

I am not aware of any "new" glues in a long long time.

Even new glues like tightbond III are just modifications of stuff that has been around forever.

Joe

Jamie Buxton
09-07-2010, 2:05 PM
Norm has retired, and isn't making any new New Yankee Workshop shows. Any you see are re-runs, and could be from any time in the history of the show. So something he's calling "new" in that show could be ten or fifteen years old by now.

Ryan Hellmer
09-07-2010, 2:18 PM
I recently watched the greenhouse episode where Norm uses a moisture-cured glue. This is basically just any polyurethane glue out there. Gorilla is a prime example. It has it's pros and cons, definitely think about what you want out of your glue before buying just anything. I'm sure Norm did his research before selecting the glue for his project (extreme resistance to the elements) maybe he just didn't explain that so well on the show.

Is this what you were talking about?

Ryan

Van Huskey
09-07-2010, 2:23 PM
I recently watched the greenhouse episode where Norm uses a moisture-cured glue. This is basically just any polyurethane glue out there. Gorilla is a prime example. It has it's pros and cons, definitely think about what you want out of your glue before buying just anything. I'm sure Norm did his research before selecting the glue for his project (extreme resistance to the elements) maybe he just didn't explain that so well on the show.

Is this what you were talking about?

Ryan

I think there is a good chance that is what it is, unless different episodes are airing in different areas.