PDA

View Full Version : Technical support

Charlie Reals
09-06-2010, 6:18 PM
I know and understand how a water heater works butt have not run into this before. If it is hooked up backwards, cold to hot side hot to cold how much will that effect my propane use. I am doing some plumbing and my helper pointed out the pipes were hooked up wrong. This was done by a friend when he installed the unit new. He is a licensed bonded plumber , so much for that meaning anything.
I know we have always had it turned up higher than normal. With the cold filtering down through the hot it has to cool it substantially.
Charlie

Jim O'Dell
09-06-2010, 7:02 PM
Yes, it won't be as efficient in how hot the water stays when you get at the other end. You want the cold to enter at the bottom and be heated by the fire you your case, elements in an electric heater. Heat rises, so you want the out flow to the house from the top. I'd get him to change the hookups, or do it yourself. Shouldn't be too hard. Unless it's hard piped then call your plumber back. Jim.

Charlie Reals
09-06-2010, 7:10 PM
Yes, it won't be as efficient in how hot the water you get at the other end. You want the cold to enter at the bottom and be heated by the fire you your case, elements in an electric heater. Heat rises, so you want the out flow to the house from the top. I'd get him to change the hookups, or do it yourself. Shouldn't be too hard. Unless it's hard piped then call your plumber back. Jim.

It's already done Jim. The home owner redid it and also fixed a drip from when he oh well it's fixed by the "Homeowner":D. I try to tell these guys I hire them because I don't want to do it not because I don't know how. I am waiting on a call from The Plumber now lol. This one will cost him some venison. Hmmmmm 6 years hooked up wrong burning propane up the cazoo. hmmmmm should be worth the liver and the backstraps.