PDA

View Full Version : Baseball anyone??

Lee Schierer
12-14-2004, 1:03 PM
Here is a recently completed commission project. It is a display case for base ball cards. The glass door locks shut and the raised panel doors are held closed with magnets embedded in the wood. The case is about 3 x 34 X 36 tall (when closed) and hangs on the wall using a french cleat.

The wood is red oak stained golden oak and finished with Deft Semi-gloss clear wood finish. The cards it holds are in clear plastic display protectors. It will hold about 60 cards. The design is my own since I could not find any resources showing what she wanted.

Lou Morrissette
12-14-2004, 1:11 PM
That works for me, Lee. Real nice job on the doors. Your customer should be real happy with that piece.

Lou

Chris Padilla
12-14-2004, 1:36 PM
Is that some sort of normal green felt for the background, Lee? Nice clean design. :) Maybe ash would have been more appropriate...you could tell her you milled it from several old baseball bats! :p

Lee Schierer
12-15-2004, 12:43 PM
The cloth in the back ground is actually a heavy cotton fabric. It was simply ironed to get it flat, then strecthed over the 1/4" plywood back board and the slats hold it in place. The edges were left oversize so that when the back assembly was fitted into the frame, the cloth was trapped all the way around.