PDA

View Full Version : 1 Touch Photo Help.

Andrew Mammoliti
09-06-2010, 2:53 PM
Ok I got rid of background exported file with no background from photopaint, when I go to open in corel it seems to have a white background? When I process it in one touch it turns background black. But it is lasering background as well as fore ground, Am I doing something wrong here, here are both files one orginal and one ready to engrave from 1 Touch laser photo.

Thanks Andrew

Andrew Mammoliti
09-06-2010, 3:15 PM
when I copy it to corel from photo paint it has no white background, then when I export it as a bmp. and save it then reopen it, it has that white background in it again. It does this with PG3 as well, it seems to engrave the BG also even though I selected grainte filter or marble on both jobs.

Scott Shepherd
09-06-2010, 3:38 PM
I'm not positive, but I think bmp's save the background as white no matter what. If you want it fixed, you'll have to change the background to black before taking it into PG or 1-touch.

What filter are you using and what's the material?

Andrew Mammoliti
09-06-2010, 3:48 PM
Filter is marbel/granite. in 1 touch, I just tryed this, now I exported it from CFPaint as a tiff. and it got rid of the white BG. Is there a way to do this without exporting as a tiff?

Bill Cunningham
09-07-2010, 8:26 PM
Remember, granite and marble used in engraving is usually 'black' Which means your file 'must' be a negative image. Photograv and I assume 1-touch knows this and reverses the file during processing.. Leave your subject a normal gray scale, and make the background black. Then run through photograv, it will reverse the image making the file a negative, and the background will be white. It will now engrave normal into a black substrate.. If you make the background white in the file, pg will reverse to black (not what you want cuz black engraves)

Andrew Mammoliti
09-08-2010, 12:31 AM
So in corel make a box fill it with black fill insert image and save that file. Bring that into pg or 1 touch? This only seems to be a issue when I remove backgrounds and if I export as a bmp and save it as a bmp. It puts a white box by default. But if I export as a tiff from cut out lab, it saves it with some sort of background even though there is none on the screen, and that seems to work right when going to PG or 1. Touch. If I not removing background then I don't have these issues. :-)

Thank bill for your tips.

Bill Cunningham
09-09-2010, 8:15 PM
I don't use cutout lab for the background removal. I have a little program I've been using for years (right from win3 )
called picturepublisher(lite) it came free with a scanner I bought years and years ago. It's a simple paint program, but has a some very simple and easy to use functions that I have just got used to using.. I can basically stitch a mask accurately around the outside of a photo, then fill it with black and save it as anything I want. I'm sure photopaint will also do this, but I have never had the time to fiddle around and reinvent the functioning wheel I already had. .bmp is just a file mode, large files, but still just a file mode, and does not default to anything, unless the software has been preset to change any colour on save (perhaps with in the mask? ). Don't know why it would reverse only the background on you. I've never heard of this happening before.

Andrew Mammoliti
09-09-2010, 9:24 PM
Thanks Bill, I will keep you posted. I have to visit you one weekend. Are you open on Sat?

Bernhard Rameder
09-12-2010, 4:05 AM
which version of one touch was used?

Andrew Mammoliti
09-12-2010, 11:20 AM
3.20.6 was latest v from there web site.