PDA

View Full Version : Shop update...pic

Lou Morrissette
12-14-2004, 12:14 PM
I finished the floor this weekend. Now I hope to build the doors and start work on the benches this week. Can't wait to move in!:)

Steve Clardy
12-14-2004, 5:25 PM
Nice. Looks like it's about party time!!!

Jim O'Dell
12-14-2004, 7:14 PM
Looks good Lou! Have you decided how to work around the poles? How far away from the wall are they? Would this be a good spot for a work bench? If so, it would leave the open space for big power tools where you might be turning with large pieces of wood. Good luck! Keep us informed with pictures as you start moving tools in! Jim.

Frank Pellow
12-14-2004, 8:24 PM
OK, I will bite. Just what material and finish is the floor? My guess is that is is (very well) painted concrete.

Jerry Olexa
12-14-2004, 8:43 PM
Fill er up w tools and let the SAWDUST fly...Enjoy your new shop!!

Lou Morrissette
12-14-2004, 8:59 PM
You're right and thank you, Frank.;) It's 2 coats of floor and deck enamel. I've used it on my last shop floor and it wore very well.

Lou

Lou Morrissette
12-14-2004, 9:06 PM
Looks good Lou! Have you decided how to work around the poles? How far away from the wall are they? Would this be a good spot for a work bench? If so, it would leave the open space for big power tools where you might be turning with large pieces of wood. Good luck! Keep us informed with pictures as you start moving tools in! Jim.
Not sure yet, Jim. The posts are 3.5' from the wall. As most of my machines are on wheels, I might "garage them in that area along with my compressor and DC. That wall is 24' and could accomodate a bench as well. Thanks for the input.

Lou

Boyd Gathwright
12-14-2004, 9:10 PM
.... Progress is spelled, one day at a time. Things are looking up ;) .

Boyd

I finished the floor this weekend. Now I hope to build the doors and start work on the benches this week. Can't wait to move in!:)