PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw is in!!

Thomas Delpizzo
09-06-2010, 8:29 AM
Thanks to all for the advice (my Help! post). I took the day off on Friday and awaited my 14" Extreme bandsaw from Grizzly. :) Good thing I opted for the lift gate. My friends weren't home so I had to unload it solo. It was on a pallet, so it would've been tough to handle. Any way the delivery guy used his pallet jack and pulled it up my driveway. He had me open it up (no rips/dents on the boxes) and looked beautiful sitting in its styrofoam packaging. I unpacked the stand , adjusted the HTC stand I had lying about and started the setup. Had to wait for my neighbor to come home from work to mount the saw. It's a solid machine and well made. Stupidly, after he left I started to get ready to attach the riser block. As I unbolted the saw, the top half stayed put. Knucklehead that I am, I took my rubber mallet to loosen it up and the top half started to tip. (what an idiot!).:o. I grabbed it and tried to figure out what to do now as I couldn't rest it on the floor due to the wiring that was attached to it. :eek: (yes, I forgot to unscrew all of the wire connectors). Fortunately, my 10 year old daughter and her friend both walked into the garage! After frantically instructing them to get me the riser block and bolt and attach them, my daughter and I tightened it up while her friend sat in a chair playing music in her iPod. I went looking for the new post and it was nowhere to be found!:mad: A quick call to Grizz and its on its way. I have to finish adjusting and setting up, but can't wait to let 'er rip! Thanks again!!

Van Huskey
09-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Congrats! Thanks for the laugh... glad as is well.

Jerome Hanby
09-07-2010, 2:21 PM
Lift gates are a God send. Local truck rental place has great prices on rentals and lift gates available on their 16' trucks. That truck and a HF folding shop crane I borrowed from my Dad saved me on this latest move. No clue how I could have moved my shop contents without them!