PDA

View Full Version : Can I use Festool extension tubes on Fein?

Phil Thien
09-05-2010, 7:28 PM
I'm wondering if I can use these extension tubes:

http://www.festoolusa.com/products/dust-extractors/tubes-extension/nonantistatic-polypropylene-extension-tube-452903.html

On a hose for a Fein Turbo II?

The Fein hose is the silver one with the black plastic fitting on the end.

Fein has somewhat limited (and expensive) options for things like extension tubes. I'd rather not purchase an entire cleaning kit if I can avoid it. And I'd rather use plastic extensions (the Festool ones) over the steel extensions (like Fein includes in the cleaning kits).

george wilson
09-05-2010, 11:17 PM
I just use a Sears 2 1/2" vac hose in mine. By happy coincidence,the 2 1/2" hose jams into the opening in the Fein vac. like it was made for it. Then,I use Sears tubes,etc. with it. I don't like to vacuum a shop with the small diameter hose that comes with the Fein. Too small for shavings.

Rick Christopherson
09-06-2010, 1:38 AM
Yes, those tubes will fit the end of your hose.

Phil Thien
09-06-2010, 9:02 AM
George, the Fein hose I have is 15 or 16' long. I use it to clean-up all the stuff that gets into corners (especially dog hair from my black lab) and the stairs down to the shop. The real long 2.5" hoses are kind of difficult to manage in those lengths.

Rick, thanks, I'll order some up.

george wilson
09-06-2010, 11:01 AM
I have the long hose,too. Just don't use it much.

Phil Thien
09-06-2010, 11:02 AM
I have the long hose,too. Just don't use it much.

You need a black lab.

Phil Thien
09-09-2010, 7:55 PM
I received my extension tubes today, along with a floor nozzle and upholstery nozzle. The stuff fits the end of my Fein hose very nicely, and will come in very handy for cleaning the shop and around the house.

I will say that the Festool parts fit the Fein hose better than the Fein upholstery nozzle I already had fits the Festool tubes. But that isn't a major concern for me as the Fein nozzle is round, and I preferred the rectangular nozzle that I got from Festool.

Thanks Rick and George for the help!

George, did you get a black lab yet? The ultimate shop accessory, you know.