PDA

View Full Version : Skipping Vector Cuts

Ed Maloney
09-05-2010, 3:42 PM
I'm having a problem with parts of some vectors being skipped. I cleaned the encoder strip and lenses. Run after that was an improvement, run after that a little worse, about 20 of 350 didn't complete. Problem is mainly on the right size of the bed and random. I cleaned the encoder strip again and while waiting for the job to complete, I thought I would check with the oracle of laser knowledge.

Ed

Scott Challoner
09-05-2010, 3:54 PM
I would say the problem isn't in the positioning system, but the tube itself. I don't know if tubes gradually lose power, or stop firing intermittantly or both when they are ging bad, but I think the problem is in the tube. Maybe check some connections?

John Noell
09-05-2010, 4:52 PM
1st suggestion - Call Epilog tech support. Could be the main logic board, or the power supply, or the tube, or...

Richard Rumancik
09-05-2010, 6:24 PM
You might search the forum on "Epilog tickle" to see if it adjusting the tickle setting would help. Not sure if a bad tickle setting would cause dropouts in a vector well into the run - often it shows up as a delayed first pulse. But it might be related to your problem. In any event something is causing the laser to stop lasing in the middle of a cut.