PDA

View Full Version : Festool RO125 + CT22 + Ultimate Dust Deputy

Mike Archambeau
09-05-2010, 1:45 PM
Anybody tried this combination. Would be interested in how well you think this setup works.

John Morrison60
09-05-2010, 3:49 PM
Mike
I have used two out of the three.
Works well, captures most of the created dust.

John

Thad McCulloch
09-05-2010, 4:32 PM
Ditto. No dust deputy on the combo, but the rest works very well. I have a DD on my Ridgid shopvac and it does capture all the dust just as advertised, so the only benefit to adding it to the Festool combo would be if you never want to have to change the bag.

Mark Carlson
09-05-2010, 5:41 PM
I have a clearvue mini on top of a ct22. I never change have to change the bag so the seperation is really good. I can't speak to the DD.

~mark

Bill Hendrix
09-05-2010, 7:07 PM
I have the Ultimate Dust Deputy with the CT22 and the RO150. The combo is terrific. The U.D.D. uses replaceable bags for easy dust disposal. The RO150 can be used either in a very agressive mode or a more finish mode. With the CT22 and the RO150 in aggressive rotex mode, I have no sanding dust in the air around the sander. I have asthma and am very sensitive to sanding dust. This combo has removed 99%+ of the dust I was breathing with my Bosch of PC sanders.

Callan Campbell
09-05-2010, 7:26 PM
I use any of my Festool Sanders with the combo you mentioned. I don't use bags, I just empty the plastic box of the DD when it gets to about half or just lower in level. I have also used mine for floor sanding, hooking up my Clarke 8 drum sander to the DD via a Festool 36mm hose. I simply tape the hose to the output tube of the floor machine since it has a rolled lip that would normally hold a dust bag to the sander. My Ct-22 and DD have no trouble keeping up with the floor sanders output. You DO fill that box WAY faster than with normal hand held sanders though:D:D:D.
The CT-22 bag seems to get little dust in it with the DD cyclone set-up, so my bag life has greatly improved and I won't be changing them out that often at al.

Mike Archambeau
09-06-2010, 5:35 PM
Thanks for the input. I do like the idea of the cyclone doing most of the collection, and avoiding bag replacement. I am looking forward to dust free sanding. Since installing an Oneida V3000, my woodworking machines are virtually dust free. So it seems natural to become dust free with the sanding. Sure is a lot more enjoyable to work without the dust, not to mention a lot healthier. When the new CT's come out next month, I will make the leap.

Jim Becker
09-07-2010, 9:53 PM
I have never felt the need for separation with my Festool vac because I don't use it for "big stuff" and cleanup. But the DD tends to get high marks for this application.