PDA

View Full Version : Interesting project from a few years ago...

Rodne Gold
09-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Heres something we did for a promotions company a few years ago ,
These items went into clubs and you were supposed to lie under the taps and some hot chickybabe used a lever near the bottle of tequila and a shot came out , travelled thru the tubes (which were encased by iceblocks to chill it) and into your mouth.

The base the whole shebang rests on is made of black perspex and has red led's on the left (for the gold tequila) and blue leds on the right (for the clear tequila) - a sheet of frosted pex lies over the base to diffuse the lighting , the casing itself is watertight (was very difficult to do this) and was filled with ice cubes and some water - when filled (unfortunately no pic) it glowed red and blue - in a darkened club it looked amazing,
The logos also glowed red and blue as the edge of the tank rested on strips of leds. We made the stands for the bottles out of 8mm perspex. You dont see the lever mechanism in this pic or the tot dispensers - the unit held 4 bottles in total , 2 gold and 2 clear.

I made 100 of these....in terms of money , this was one of our biggest single orders - they were about $900 each...

Viktor Voroncov
09-05-2010, 3:01 AM
Great work! Here outdoor/TV alcohool advertising is not allowed now, so we saw real design battles in HORECA advertising. But your work here wil be absolute winner :)

Dee Gallo
09-05-2010, 8:51 AM
Rodney, you have such an inventive mind!

Thanks for sharing yet another one of your unique jobs, dee

Martin Boekers
09-05-2010, 11:23 AM
WoW, not a bad job at all! One job that brings in sales of what it takes most of us 4 months are so to do.

If I ever make it to Cape Town I will have to stop by your shop.

Your talents always seem to amaze me!

Marty

Kim Vellore
09-05-2010, 1:44 PM
Rodney,
That looks neat... How do you fix the bottle connection upside down with the bottle open and what keeps the tequila from coming out of the second bottle connection which has the Y joint. It really looks pretty cool.
Kim

Dan Hintz
09-05-2010, 4:53 PM
I made 100 of these....in terms of money , this was one of our biggest single orders - they were about $900 each...
I bow to your awesomeness :D

Rodne Gold
09-06-2010, 2:09 AM
The taps at the bottom of the logos were supposed to be the dispensers , but it didnt work as there was no way to introduce air into the bottle and the shot wasnt an exact tot - so we put totdispensers on the neck of the bottles and used a lever system to dispense exactly one tot - this pic was of a prototype.
The unit took 4 bottles , 2 gold , 2 clear.
The biggest issue was to make the ice boxes watertight , the client didnt want to see any silicone joins and considering these things were transported and used in a club environment they had to be bullet proof - we did use silicon and if you look , you can see strengthening gussests or brackets on the box , we had 100 of thes boxes all filled with water , strewn all over our workshops for 2-3 days to test their water tightnest - still had about 10 of em come back with slight leaks due to mishandling.
We actually did this job in our busiest time - trophy and award season - and really struggled to get it out on time , it was a bit overambitious on our part in terms of timespan - we had about a month to do it.

Emily Wilson
09-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Wow, great work!