PDA

View Full Version : Walnut potpourri....?

Michael James
09-04-2010, 11:34 PM
This is a piece of walnut that Joe M gave me at our Illinois visit. I made this for my sis and thought she might something a little different for her yoga / reflection place.
3/5" tall and 4.25 at the hips. 1 coat of shellac sanded back to 220, per the can and finished w/ arm -r - seal. Buffed and ren wax hand buffed.
I'm attempting to get into more credible pictures and this was my 1st attempt at a light box. Several glitches, including the flash are evident.
I shot of the piece and 1 for fun.... what I would use if for anyway:cool:
Have at it as you will......
Thanks,
Michael

Steve Schlumpf
09-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Nice! I like the non-traditional form on this one! Pretty wood and finish! Your sister is going to love it!

About the only thing I can comment on about the photos is to watch what you use for a background color because it will influence the color of the wood.

David E Keller
09-05-2010, 12:25 AM
I like it. I prefer the M&Ms to potpourri.

Robert McGowen
09-05-2010, 12:48 AM
I have not seen that shape before, but I like it!

William Hutchinson
09-05-2010, 3:22 AM
Nice job. At first glance it looked like a Leprechaun pot of gold. I'm sure your sister will treasure it.

Jeff Nicol
09-05-2010, 6:16 AM
MJ, I never heard of chocolate smelling potpourri before! I like the pot of gold reference too! Looks good and the small things are sometimes the most fun! Just make sure those meeces from Jim's thread get to your M&M pieces!

Jeff

John Keeton
09-05-2010, 6:53 AM
Michael, nice work on this one! Great looking finish, too. On the pics, a different f-stop setting might get better depth of field so you can get everything in focus.

Tom Sherman
09-05-2010, 9:23 AM
Mike you done good son, that is one nice Po Pot. Just have to be extremely careful about using the chocolate could catch all manner of unseemly critters.:rolleyes:

Bernie Weishapl
09-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Your sister is going to really like that. I like the different form and the finish looks great.

Joe Meirhaeghe
09-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Mike, glad to see your making good use of the wood.
Good job on this one.
Can't wait to see what else that ILLINOIS wood gets used to make.