PDA

View Full Version : ambrosia maple bowl blanks

Jim Ketron
12-14-2004, 12:02 AM
Here is some of the wood that I have been getting the past week that I have cut into bowl blanks the first pic is some blanks that are already sealed with green wood sealer and a bowl that I have turned from this wood. I used a piece that didn't have much of the ambrosia markings in them to pratice on for I havent turned many bowls yet and didn't want to use one of the good ones. In the second pic is some of the big bowl blanks and I put the bowl in for refrence. at the time of the pic I didn't have them sealed yet but they are now. I have a big pile of logs outside my shop!:eek:

I plan to sell most of the wood to make some $$ for my tool fund I plan to purchase a bigger lathe to make some big bowls and this is just a way to help the fund I sold 6 blanks today that are not in the pics and he said they should sell good and if they do he will be getting some more off of me:D I also plan to get some more species ready soon to take to him!

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-14-2004, 2:46 AM
That Sir is a Great Gloat. You are ............Have Lathe will turn and Wood to SELL!!!!

WTG,
Bruce

John Shuk
12-14-2004, 5:09 PM
Jim,
Where are you selling the stuff? Good idea for building the tool fund. That is nice looking stuff.
John

Jim Ketron
12-14-2004, 9:20 PM
Thanks John!

I have had a few PM's here and other forums. a friend purchaced the first 6 to sell them in his Woodworking store. I have thought about puting some on e-Bay but I realy dont want to go that route. One feller wants some pen blanks and I had thought of doing that with the cut off's from the logs. I think I will get some ready and dried to sale them also, when my new bandsaw gets here. Im waiting on it so if someone wants to buy one and I have to ship it I can cut it round and save on shipping cost. I also seal them on all sides with green wood sealer.
Jim