PDA

View Full Version : Down draft table

Jim Dunn
12-14-2004, 12:00 AM
In the process of building a down draft table. Going to be small 24X48" and just tall enough to use my oscillating sander on top of it without using a step ladder:D .

Thinking of making a hinged top to facilitate easier filter changing. (using 2 filters 20x20" stacked one on top of the other with the bottom one being a 3M filtrete 1micron.

Any additional suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim

Dave Moran
12-14-2004, 7:05 AM
Way cool Jim, I was just going to make one that I can put up on the bench and connect to my cyclone, this looks like you won't need any hold downs either! Just a thought on the filters, how about 2 slide in frames to hold them, then you don't need the hinges or the top support.

Jim Dunn
12-14-2004, 7:32 AM
Got the idea for a hinged top from the fellow whose plans I am copying/modifying. E-mailed him about filter arrangment and he said he wouldn't fool with cutting holes in the sides of the box. When he slides the filters out the sides act as scrapers and dump the captured dust in the bottom of the unit.

Also I need about an additional 2-3" of height to make this a more comfortable unit to stand at.

Jason Tuinstra
12-14-2004, 8:05 AM
Wow, Jim that is one sweet looking piece.