PDA

View Full Version : New Festool dust extractors--will old model bags still be available?

Darl Bundren
09-04-2010, 11:31 AM
I have a CT 22E, and I see that on October 1, Festool will release their newest model of dust extractor with a newly designed fleece bag. Does anybody know if the bags for the older models like mine will still be manufactured and available?

Here's hoping.

Also, Happy Labor Day, everybody!

Will Blick
09-04-2010, 1:21 PM
I saw new model in catalog....what changed? I guess slightly higher capacity bags?

Dan Karachio
09-04-2010, 1:29 PM
I can't imagine they would give up the profit of their high priced bags for the older units, but if they do, then maybe someone else would take it up and we could pay reasonable prices? I doubt that would ever happen either.

Darl Bundren
09-04-2010, 1:35 PM
I saw new model in catalog....what changed? I guess slightly higher capacity bags?

The main differences I saw were the fleece bags and a hose caddy that sits on top. I think there was something on there about a different kind of filter, too. The new bags are designed to collapse when suction stops so that whatever's glommed onto them will be dislodged.

I'd like to have the hose caddy for mine, but it seems too expensive for what I'd get.

Will Overton
09-04-2010, 1:39 PM
I'd prefer keeping a hose in a systainer atop the ct22. This way you retain the flat top to lay the saw or other tools while working.

Will Blick
09-04-2010, 6:12 PM
the hose caddy was just an option b4, now it comes with the unit, right? I have the hose caddy, so I must have bought it as an option.

the mech. specs seemed identical...

Darl Bundren
09-04-2010, 6:34 PM
the hose caddy was just an option b4, now it comes with the unit, right? I have the hose caddy, so I must have bought it as an option.

the mech. specs seemed identical...

On the old ones the hose caddy was a fairly pricy option. Maybe I'm cheap?

Roger Jensen
09-04-2010, 6:38 PM
The owner of our local Woodcraft store said they had to keep the parts for the old ones for seven years, which I assume means bags too. I don't think he was excited about it - it is extra inventory he has to carry.

Brice Burrell
09-04-2010, 6:58 PM
The owner of our local Woodcraft store said they had to keep the parts for the old ones for seven years, which I assume means bags too....

Yes, that's right. Festool have already commented on this issue, seven years at a minimum.

The new CT26 and CT36 has the new fleece bags and the built-in hose garage (caddy) as was already mentioned, they also have a smaller and more power turbine that produces more suction. HEPA filter still standard. And a number of other small improvements.

Chris Padilla
09-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Festool claims to have replacement parts going back to the 50s. This is a well run company!

Dan Karachio
09-06-2010, 12:06 PM
This is good to know, because I don;t want to start hoarding bags and I expect my $500 vac to last a lot longer than seven years! :)

Bob Marino
09-06-2010, 1:42 PM
Brice and Roger are correct - minimum 7 years for parts.

Bob

Darl Bundren
09-06-2010, 3:08 PM
Good to know, everybody! Thanks for the info.

Will Overton
09-07-2010, 10:37 PM
A had emailed Festool to see if the new bags would be available for the older machines. The folks in that area have requested them, but have not yet gotten a response.

Brice Burrell
09-07-2010, 11:07 PM
A had emailed Festool to see if the new bags would be available for the older machines. The folks in that area have requested them, but have not yet gotten a response.

If you are asking if the old extractors will also be getting the new fleece bags. Festool has already addressed this question, the answer is no the old vacs will continue to use the paper style bags.

Mike Goetzke
09-08-2010, 8:44 AM
Build yourself a pre-seperator and you may never need to replace the bag....well almost never.

(this is what I did to my CT30E and very little hits the bag)

Mike