PDA

View Full Version : Aw shucks....

Fred Perreault
09-04-2010, 8:47 AM
The hurricane coming up the coast became a breezy rain (6"+ here) by the time it got to Outter Cape Cod last night/this morning. Of course, it was a mixed blessing.... no damage to speak of, but no new turning wood lying acroos the roads, driveways or houses.
Hopefully those that were not quite as lucky south of us did not suffer much damage as well.
Good luck....
Fred

Christopher K. Hartley
09-04-2010, 9:03 AM
The hurricane coming up the coast became a breezy rain (6"+ here) by the time it got to Outter Cape Cod last night/this morning. Of course, it was a mixed blessing.... no damage to speak of, but no new turning wood lying acroos the roads, driveways or houses.
Hopefully those that were not quite as lucky south of us did not suffer much damage as well.
Good luck....
FredFred, I'm so glad you didn't have any damage as I know how devastating those storms can be. I hope you never have to go through one but if you do don,t forget to label those after effects bowls with the name of the storm. It will just add some additional dimension in future years.:)

David E Keller
09-04-2010, 9:14 AM
I'm certainly happy to hear that the storm was not as bad as it might have been. I'm also glad to hear that I'm not the only one that starts thinking about downed trees when the weather threatens.

Bernie Weishapl
09-04-2010, 9:24 AM
Fred glad to hear all is well. I haven't called my sister yet in Washington, NC to see how they faired.

Jim Underwood
09-04-2010, 9:31 AM
Well after all the media hullaballoo and build up, it kinda did fizzle, didn't it?:rolleyes:

Michael James
09-04-2010, 10:35 AM
THAT is the upside of lining way inland in the desert. Have considered retiring to the coast and lil missie asks "And what do you know about hurricanes?" So i wll continue to fly in for vacations, then go home.
Are these storms getting worse and more frequent or just more press? I know Katrina was an anomaly.

Jim Underwood
09-04-2010, 10:43 AM
I saw an article a few months ago that stated the severity and frequency of hurricanes were no more or less than they used to be.:cool:

John Keeton
09-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Fred, I was worried about you and have been watching the path. Was glad to see it drift east and die out some.

Jim Silva
09-04-2010, 5:36 PM
Good luck....
Fred

It was more breezy today than during the night on upper Cape and just over the bridges. I had plans today of doing cleanup and heading out your way to help with some turning buddies mid cape with the cleanup but they're all counting their blessings/ muttering about no storm-downed turning stock.:D

Hopefully the damage was light elsewhere also.

Jim