PDA

View Full Version : coat of arms graphics

tony mazzone
09-04-2010, 8:35 AM
I'm looking for family coat of arms vector images for laser engraving. Can anyone point me in a direction of a clipart program or website that has them.
Thanks,
Tony

Mike Null
09-04-2010, 8:41 AM
Tony

The older versions (3 through 8) of CorelDraw came with clipart files that had extensive collections of such items. If you can find earlier versions at a flea market or on Craig's list the clipart alone would be worth the purchase price.

Also, check the internet for the coat of arms you need and then trace it in Corel.

Scott A Engle
09-04-2010, 3:36 PM
I've never used them, but you can check out this place:

http://vector-images.com/

They have thousands of heraldry images.

Viktor Voroncov
09-04-2010, 4:04 PM
I know very good resource (http://www.logograd.narod.ru/) for different heraldic items in CDR, but this site is on Russian. Follow screenshots.
1) Open site
2) Choose like on picture 1
3) Scroll down until picture 2

Numbers mean:
1 - CROWNS
2 - SCHIELDS
3 - RIBBONS
4 - WREATHS
5 - TEMPLATES OF COAT OF ARMS
6 - EAGLES
7 - DIFFERENT

Viktor Voroncov
09-05-2010, 3:53 AM
I have got few message that there is difficult acess to this site. This is non commercial product on free hosting. So sometimes problems happened.
I download all files and they are here :( They are not here as ZIP is over 9 MB :) may be moderators can post arhive ?

tony mazzone
09-05-2010, 1:50 PM
I tried opening some of the files on this site but they are RAR files that won't open in coreldraw
Tony

Viktor Voroncov
09-05-2010, 2:05 PM
Files are archived in RAR format (similar as ZIP). I have download all files, unpack them and save as .cdr
The problem is that file size now is 9 Mb and I can't post it here. Any suggestions?

Viktor Voroncov
09-05-2010, 2:12 PM
As temporary solution I have used YOUSENDIT.COM and file now available here
https://rcpt.yousendit.com/941422493/d4257353c36712e92879238df2f60374

Unfortunately it will be available until September 12, 2010 11:10 PDT.

Stanley Waldrup
09-08-2010, 7:34 AM
Thanks that was a big help
Stanley

James Terry
09-08-2010, 12:03 PM
The older versions (3 through 8) of CorelDraw came with clipart files that had extensive collections of such items.

Mike, does this suggest that 9+ has different clipart than previous? If one has V10 clipart, that doesnt mean you also have the older stuff?

It seems odd that they didnt simply keep adding to the collection. I wonder how one would go about collecting all release versions of the Corel clipart library?

Mike Null
09-08-2010, 12:56 PM
No, the collection was reduced by quite a lot in newer versions. I started with 8 and think I have more clip art than all that followed combined. (that may be a slight exaggeration but not much)

My vers. 8 clipart book is as thick as the new x5 corel book that has everything. It contains 580 MB of art and fills.

James Terry
09-08-2010, 1:49 PM
What is a file name or folder for the heraldic shields for instance. I'd like to see if I have those.

The problem with so much clipart is that it gets lost in the noise. Even with great image browsers, you still have to know where to look. It would be neat to find a program that allows you to tag folders with search terms for easier locating.

Mike Null
09-08-2010, 3:11 PM
Look under Family Tree then Shields.

Bill Cunningham
09-09-2010, 8:25 PM
The version 4 clipart book was also big, and all black and white art. I think they started adding colour clipart with the 8 book.. When CD's in computers were new, there were all kinds of good clip art collections out there. Most were .wmf or black and white 2 bit .tif images for newspaper ads etc.. Most of the off the shelf clip art collections you see in computer stores now, are basically garbage and generally only used for home printed fliers and garage sale stuff by people who have no idea what makes 'good' usable clip art..

Hannu Rinne
09-10-2010, 4:46 PM
The version 4 clipart book was also big, and all black and white art. I think they started adding colour clipart with the 8 book.. When CD's in computers were new, there were all kinds of good clip art collections out there. Most were .wmf or black and white 2 bit .tif images for newspaper ads etc.. Most of the off the shelf clip art collections you see in computer stores now, are basically garbage and generally only used for home printed fliers and garage sale stuff by people who have no idea what makes 'good' usable clip art..

Fortunately I have V4 and the book of it. I just calculated that there must be over 16000 clipart pictures on it. I just have one open question on my mind - is it allowed to use those pictures for sale products or can I use them only for marketing ( concerning every collection of different Corel versions ) ?

Regards
Hannu

James Terry
09-11-2010, 5:51 PM
Art Explosion 800,000 34 cd set from 2004 has a lot of family coat of arms and heraldic type of stuff and a very nice reference book.