PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Cutting Board/Garbage Cabinet

Rich Aldrich
09-03-2010, 10:43 PM
One of my coworkers wanted a mobile cabinet with a cutting board as the countertop and garbage can storage underneath. I just finished this project on Monday and delivered it on Tuesday. The top is 28 wide x 26 deep to match his existing countertops. The trash can storage is a roll out shelf on drawer slides.

It is made of white maple and is real nice to work with. The top is laminated white maple with a routered drip groove.

If tipping is a problem with the drawer garbage can shelf pulled out, I told him I could add weight underneath, but we think it is going to be good.

Gordon Eyre
09-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Very nice Rich, I like it a lot.

Dave Verstraete
09-04-2010, 8:46 AM
Great Idea, Rich. Hm...now if I just make the drawer part to fit an existing cabinet in my kitchen, I'll have a good recycling center.

John Thompson
09-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Nice job.. I also doubt tipping will be a problem but if it does a counter-weight in the rear will solve the problem.

Jay Allen
09-04-2010, 10:17 AM
A Counter-weight....that's just funny right there.

Van Huskey
09-04-2010, 3:11 PM
Very nice work and a good idea.

Rich Aldrich
09-04-2010, 6:57 PM
Thanks for the compliments. I have only ever built on complete kitchen. My cabinets tend to be specialty items and this one was real interesting. Most of my cabinet projects have been islands.