PDA

View Full Version : Belated Creeker visit

Ken Glass
09-03-2010, 1:35 PM
All,
At my 2nd Art Showing last month on the Jacksonville square, I had a chance encounter with a fellow Creeker, John Dixon and his lovely wife. We had a great time visiting as much as we could, with the showing in progress. We had Wine and Hors D'oeuvres and talked about turning techniques, and the Creek, of course. We were able to have a photographer, Cheryl Kelly, take our picture and I just got it back yesterday. Here we two Turners are enjoying the evening. I am the old guy on the left and John is the handsome one on my right. The show was, as always fun, but sales were lacking, in part, I think, due to the town square being in a major construction project. We are trying to turn time back and allow traffic to flow again completely around the square. It was changed in the early 70's as part of urban renewal. I did, however sell 6 or 7 Bethlehem Olive Wood stoppers and one nice Hollow Form. All in all it was great to meet John and his wife and the showing gave me what I needed, and that is more exposure.

David E Keller
09-03-2010, 3:05 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun... That's the first professionally photographed Creeker visit that I recall. Perhaps a new standard has been established.:D

bob svoboda
09-03-2010, 4:11 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun... That's the first professionally photographed Creeker visit that I recall. Perhaps a new standard has been established.:D

I agree with David. You both look good in the photo--ain't airbrushing wonderful:D

Bernie Weishapl
09-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Creeker visits are the best. Looks like you two had fun.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Congratulations Ken! Creeker visits are generally pretty nice events!

Michael James
09-03-2010, 11:00 PM
I am the old guy on the left and John is the handsome one on my right.

I've only done 1 visit so far and it was an incredible experience.... but, um Ken....you cut out whoever was on your right. ?!?:rolleyes:

John W Dixon
09-04-2010, 12:02 AM
Hey Ken, Lisa and I sure had fun meeting you and your wife as well. It's good to see we didn't break Cheryl's camera with our mugs!:D

And yes everyone, we now expect professional studio photography from all future creeker visits. LOL

Let me say Ken was sure a nice host and his work is quite simply fantastic. He had a great display of his work. Very impressive. I really enjoyed our meeting and look forward to getting a chance to check out his shop some time in the future.

John

John W Dixon
09-04-2010, 12:35 AM
I've only done 1 visit so far and it was an incredible experience.... but, um Ken....you cut out whoever was on your right. ?!?:rolleyes:

Darn, I knew I wasn't the handsome guy!:D

John

Ken Glass
09-04-2010, 8:35 AM
Michael,
You are right. Well, no you are not right, John is on my left and I'm right or is that, I'm wrong. See how an old man gets confused about everything except about how great a time he had that night. LOL

John,
You are most welcome to come and see my shop, and maybe pick up a piece of wood to turn if you would like. I will be taking some pieces to the RMD Gallery late next week, I hope.