PDA

View Full Version : What a contraption

William OConnell
12-13-2004, 8:46 PM
I didnt want to mount this to a wall or ceiling so I made a housing last night after work. I dont know why I dont see more installs like this.
P.S. I appreciate the ease of file upload available on this site

Boyd Gathwright
12-13-2004, 11:17 PM
OK I'll bite, what is it :rolleyes:?

Boyd

I didnt want to mount this to a wall or ceiling so I made a housing last night after work. I dont know why I dont see more installs like this.
P.S. I appreciate the ease of file upload available on this site

Jim Dunn
12-13-2004, 11:21 PM
Ya gots another nibble here too:eek:

Fred Chan
12-13-2004, 11:28 PM
That's going to be cool when you get it completed.:) No question you'll be able to tell if the thing is working or not. Where did you get the plexiglass cyclone body from?

William OConnell
12-14-2004, 8:42 AM
I ordered it from a guy named Ed @clearvue cyclones. Im anxious to get it finished since the cold weather is here and Ill be closed in the shop. Definatly a neat design. My daugfhter asked what it was and I told her it was for creating cold fusion

Bart Leetch
12-14-2004, 10:51 AM
So what is the wear factor of the plastic before the chips wear it out or make it so its not clear so the movement is visible?

Chris Padilla
12-14-2004, 11:05 AM
William,

A cyclone is very top heavy due to the blower housing, impeller, and mostly the motor so folks tend to secure it closer to the top. Also, it might make it a tad easier to lever out the waste bin when it comes time to change it but that is normally taken care of with flex hose.

The transparent cyclone is certainly cool. I wonder with all things being the same if it is noisier or quieter than a metal one? I bet it is the same but that is just a guess.

Donnie Raines
12-14-2004, 11:20 AM
If you have every watched the show BIG on the Discovery channel, be sure to catch the issue where they make a big vacum cleaner. It looks like a gi-normous cylcone on wheels. It look a like tornado inside when they suck stuff up. I think they said it was 150 HP or something......you'd think your planer would get sucked through the line with that much power.

I could not find any info on the web about it.......

Keith Starosta
12-14-2004, 12:26 PM
If you have every watched the show BIG on the Discovery channel, be sure to catch the issue where they make a big vacum cleaner. It looks like a gi-normous cylcone on wheels. It look a like tornado inside when they suck stuff up. I think they said it was 150 HP or something......you'd think your planer would get sucked through the line with that much power.

I could not find any info on the web about it.......

Here ya go, Donnie.

http://media.dsc.discovery.com/fansites/big/episode/episode.html

The Vacuum episode is at the far right of the slider. I watched this episode the other day. Very, very cool!! I've been a fan since this show started. Some of the things they do are unbelievable!!!

Keith