PDA

View Full Version : thunderbird email problem

brent warner
09-01-2010, 11:18 AM
thunderbird updated, we seem to get all of our email,but when t-bird opens,it says "the proxy server is refusing connections, please check your proxy settings" Since the email seems to work, I don't understand this. anybody have a similar experience ?
thanks brent

paul cottingham
09-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Go to ->edit->preferences->network and disk space->connection. Is there a setting there for a proxy? unless you have a tricky setup for email, it should be set to no proxy.

just a guess.

Scott Shepherd
09-01-2010, 3:38 PM
They sure screwed up a great problem with this last release. Opening emails opens them in a tab of the main window now, instead of opening it's own window. So when you read an email and click the "X" button to close the email, it closes Thunderbird instead of the one you were reading.

Not digging the new "work flow" they have for everything. They took something that worded and was simple and now it's a pain to use. What a shame.

Bill Cunningham
09-02-2010, 9:02 PM
They sure screwed up a great problem with this last release. Opening emails opens them in a tab of the main window now, instead of opening it's own window. So when you read an email and click the "X" button to close the email, it closes Thunderbird instead of the one you were reading.

Not digging the new "work flow" they have for everything. They took something that worded and was simple and now it's a pain to use. What a shame.

It takes a bit of getting used to.. But it will soon become second nature. How many times do you close your browser now, and not the tab.. People got used to it in Firefox.. My only complaint with it, is some of the defaults are now opposite of what they used to be. I.E. forward inline is now default, instead of forward as attachment.. I wondered why Spamcop kept bouncing stuff back to me, but I got it figured out.. Everybody hates change! Ask Obama..ha